Sony Launches its Next Gen Blu-Ray Rewritable Drives

abhidev

Human Spambot
Sony today announced the newest line of its Blu-Ray rewriteable drives. The BD-5300S and BDX-S500U are designed for all PC users who appreciate high image quality. Whether you are movie fan, amateur video maker or hobby photographer – if you have a passion for images and need a lot of memory, the Blu Ray rewritable drives offer unlimited possibilities.

*tech2.in.com/media/images/2010/Dec/img_282112_sony_brw_450x360.jpg

The BD-5300S can write a single BD-R media at up to 12x and dual layer BD-R media at up to 8x and can record a full 25GB disc in about 10 minutes. The 12X recording speed is achieved by using 6X compatible BD-R media. The drives can also burn DVD+/-R at up to 16x, DVD+/- DL at up to 8x, DVD+RW at 8x, DVD-RW at 6x, DVD-RAM at 12x and CD-R/RW at up to 48x.

Both the BD-5300S and the BDX- S500U have 3D Blu-Ray support and have 50GB of storage capacity. The internal Blu Ray writer BD-5300S comes in bulk packaging and uses the standard 5.25-inch form factor the SATA interface uses. The external Blu Ray writer BDX– S500U will be available in retail packaging only.

The Sony Internal BD 5300S and the external Sony BDX-S500U will retail for Rs. 11,000 and Rs. 18,500 respectively and come with a one year warranty.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Is it worth buying...i mean even if we write our data on the BLU-Ray disc...it won't be portable enough unless the person has the drive to read BLU-Ray discs....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Better to buy a portable HDD or a Flash Drive.

@ abhidev
Writers can read as well.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, I had bought a DVD writer when they used to cost 4,000.

I'll be building a computer next year and will actually get one of these.

Top Bottom