Sony Ericsson Unveils the M600

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
Sony Ericsson has announced its M600, which is an email tool and mobile phone rolled into one slim device featuring touch screen and handwriting recognition capabilities.

M600 is Sony Ericsson's second Symbian OS 9.1 and UIQ 3.0 enabled phone, and features new push email applications, remote synchronization and expandable memory. A range of push email applications are being developed in conjunction with partners including AlteXia, iAnywhere OneBridge, Intellisync, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Ericsson Mobile Office (EMO) (Try and Buy), etc.

Around 15mm thick - the M600 sports an ergonomic design, and features a large dual-function keyboard; 3-way jog dial; 2.6-inch QVGA screen capable of handling 262K colors; 80 MB onboard memory; and additional 64 MB Memory Stick Micro (M2) which is an ultra-small recording media designed for compact mobile devices.

The M600 incorporates features such as video playback at 30 fps; online picture sharing; SMS, MMS, POP3 e-mail; media player with support for MP3, AAC, ACC+, E-AAC+ and m4a; OMA DRM phase 1; streaming audio/video; audio-out over system connector; 3D games and Java MIDP 2.0; 40 polyphonic ring tones; dual-mode UMTS 2100 MHz triple-band GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz; stereo Bluetooth support; infrared SIR; full HTML browser Opera 8 and RSS feeds.

Sony Ericsson maintains that the M600 makes for better multi-tasking, faster email handling, and high band-width multimedia downloads. It includes Adobe PDF viewer, McAfee and Pointsec encryption as part of Try & Buy packages, and the Certicom VPN client free-of-cost.

Jan W reby, corporate executive vice president and head - sales and marketing, Sony Ericsson, said, "Estimates show that there are approximately 650 million business email users around the globe, and the demand for true mobile email is growing rapidly. While there are some stand-alone email messaging devices available, many people will welcome fast and easy messaging tools integrated into their mobile phone."

Available in Granite Black and Crystal White colors, M600 is slated to start shipping in Q2 2006; and will be available in 4 hardware keyboard variants; QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and Russian.

While M600i - Dual Mode UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz will be available in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas; M600c- Dual Mode UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz will ship in Mainland China subject to the availability of 3G services.

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/71187_m600both.jpg

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/71187_m600bllarge.jpg

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/71187_m600whitelarge.jpg

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I personally didn't like the look of the phone. Though its gr8 to know that its a symbian phone. Wonder what will it cost?

pakkasir

Broken In
yeah, it looks cool but for the first time I feel that Sony Ericsson has taken inpiration from Nokia models. The keypad sucks bad time.

OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
Looks good... Keypad is the only eyesore i think....But feature wise it seems to be great..
A Symbian series phone from Sony must raise expectations.. Wondering about the price though....!!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
All manufacturer's are trying to copy the Blackberry design after it became so popular. First the Motorola Q, then the Nokia E61 and not the SE M600. Out of the bunch, I like the Nokia E61 - it comes with WLAN, Security features, a better screen, etc.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yuck!! That keypad sucks man I wud love it if u wed put up an 3650 style keypad also it wud've looked more like and iPod :p

moshel

Padawan
the big screen is good but as u look down on the phone, the keypad is horrible as eveyone said looks like the keys are taken frm a very old jumbo calculator. btw this one doesnt have the stick like P900....and others?

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are 2 of us eagerly waiting for this phone. :) I read about it first on GSMarena and since then have been waiting for it. But only 64MB card is a sort of a drawback! SE should give at least 512 MB with all its hign-end handsets now ;)

OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
tuxfan said:
There are 2 of us eagerly waiting for this phone. :)
:?: Who is the other one?

tuxfan said:
But only 64MB card is a sort of a drawback! SE should give at least 512 MB with all its hign-end handsets now ;)
I really agree. At least 512MB card is a must with all upper segment phones like this one.. When they can give one with W800i, they can surely give it here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom