SONY ERICSSON SATIO v/s HTC HD 2...which one to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys

i am confused between satio and hd 2.....right now i am using n 95 8 gb and now i wana upgrade

i love to shoot pics and movie

and as i am working i need battery backup
and in future i need to check mails on mobile also

had read so many reviews but i am confused that whom should i go for

if you are using these phone then kindly reply with pro and con of both mobile separately

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
SE Aino and Satio are eligible for a special award. Most number of bugs in a consumer product. Stay away from these phones.

HD2 on the other hand is pure bliss.

If you love taking photos and videos, you better stick to N95 for now and get a good Panasonic Lumix camera.

definitely HTC HD2 is the option to go for !!

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/11/hd2_rev_60001.jpg

why dont u try watching this video out !!
CLICK HERE

i bet u'll luv it !!

sujoyp

Grand Master
HTC is poor in camera and sound...soo if not satio dont go for HD2 too...

Better wait for x10:smile:

red dragon

Master troll
HTC is poor in camera and sound...soo if not satio dont go for HD2 too...

Better wait for x10:smile:
Satio definitely has a better camera,but the camera in hd2 is decent enough.Regarding sound quality hd2 is way better than previous htc phones.As a whole you cannot compare these two devices.the price difference is also about 5-6k.IMHO hd2 is a better option,as you are a symbian user, any o.s even winmo 6.5 will be good for you.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, satio is good only on paper. It has too many bugs and runs proprietory os, making it a worthless phone. Just keep it totally away from your view. There much netter camera phones out there.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys, satio is good only on paper. It has too many bugs and runs proprietory os, making it a worthless phone. Just keep it totally away from your view. There much netter camera phones out there.

Satio has ur beloved S60v5 OS:pnot propritory one......and yes I agree it has too many bugs
I really think its better to wait for X10

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^^ Man please go with the requirements....the person needs good cam and video quality...and a good battery backup too

Its not that HD2 is not good...but it just doesnt suits the requirement...

As ashishstillthere (thread starter) is a previous symbian user and an N95 user he wont like the HD2's video and picture quality

Also read *www.gsmarena.com/htc_hd2-review-418p9.php
:smile:

red dragon

Master troll
^^^ Man please go with the requirements....the person needs good cam and video quality...and a good battery backup too

As ashishstillthere (thread starter) is a previous symbian user and an N95 user he wont like the HD2's video and picture quality

Yes Sujoy,I also think you are right,the o.p wants a multimedia phone not a smartphone.Omnia hd is a good option in that case,symbian o.s,very good display,good audio quality but volume could have been louder(hacks are available to increase it though)and it is solidly built,better than n97 anyday.
BTW hd2 can play 720p videos effortlessly with core player and tcmp,gsm arena did not mention that.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

In that case, why not keep his current phone as I said earlier. I seriously doubt if any of the phones are worth replacing N95 just for a better camera. Going for a digicam is a much better option IMO.

ohk.......i thought u r telling by all round performance....and yeah Satio is full of bugs so it is preferable to wait for stable f/w !:razz:

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

ya but i think N95 got one of the best camera in N series yr !!

nimish23

Broken In
The SE Satio is a good phone no doubt if you primary aim is clicking pictures and video shooting. at 12MP it is one of the few camera phones that can even give entry level compact cams a run for their money.
BUT if you are also going to use the internet a lot on it, then Satio just does not perform well. Its reistive touchscreen is a nightmare to use.
As for HD2, well i havent used it, but i can say from the HTC Heros, internet user experience, that HD2 will be better. DOnt know about the camera quality. but after using the capacitive touch screen on HTC phones is easily much much better than the resistive touch on SE.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Sony Ericsson Satio if you feel it satisfies your requirements. It is hardly 26k now.

But now Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has been launched for Rs.35k mrp. *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10-2964.php :p No Xenon flash though. :( But it has a great camera, UI and Android.

SE Aino and Satio are eligible for a special award. Most number of bugs in a consumer product. Stay away from these phones.
The first firmware update has fixed almost everything.

It's Symbian OS 9.4 S60v5.

Nokia 5800 was as buggy when it was launched. Stable firmware has been out. But now going for X10 is better.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^dude. you have no idea how buggy Satio and Aino were. SE had to stop sale of these phones in Europe due to the super buggy firmwares and even after patches it's still really bad experience as per reviewers and users of these two phones. 5800's bugs during release were far less annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.