Sony Ericsson is going back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Hello,
I don't know what makes Sony Ericsson go back with their mobile features and quality, and also they just make the same phone many times again and again with different covers !!

1- SE had the most powerful mobile speakers, they were very loud and clear (P800, P900, P910, K700 .... ALL phones till W810, its speaker volume sucks) but now SE have the most terrible speakers in their phones
Nokia had the most terrible speaker volumes but now they are the best of the best (N81, N95, N73, N73 ME, E90, All Music Express Phones).

===========

2- SE had the best cameras in their phones, everyone know how K750 (it is not CYBER-SHOT) kicked N90's ass in taking photos (N90 has Carl Zeiss optics)
but now SE camera are bad (not the worst) no autofocus, video is too bad
Nokia now has the best camera phone (N82) which kicked K850's ass this time (K850 is CYBER-SHOT for god's sake).

===========

3- SE makes the same phone again and again but they change the cover !! since they made K750, all the next phones are the same:
1- 176X220 small screen
2- 2MP camera
3- Same software
4- they disabled the autofocus *forums.se-nse.net/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif
examples:
K610 (it has 3G < the only difference)
V630
Z710
K618
K550
S500
K530
K630
K660
Z780
Walkman phones of these phones above also.

===========

4- SE had the biggest screen in their smart phones, but now they make it smaller n smaller:

P800 = 3 inchs
P900 = 3 inchs
P910 = 3 inchs

===

P990 = 2.8
M600 = 2.6
W950 = 2.6
P1 = 2.6
G900 = 2.4
G700 = 2.4

===

we can ignore P800, P900, P910 because they have different software with different screen resolution
but what about the others, they just keep getting smaller and smaller from 2.8 to 2.4 !! don't tell me to make the whole phone smaller cause the can kepp exactly the same shape with 2.8 screen + nokia made N95 8GB with 2.8 screen with a really good size (N96 has 2.8 but the phone is even slimmer)

===========

there is a lot of things that makes SE go back but I have no more time to write them
I'll write them later.

From Se-nse
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=29037

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

1- SE had the most powerful mobile speakers, they were very loud and clear (P800, P900, P910, K700 .... ALL phones till W810, its speaker volume sucks) but now SE have the most terrible speakers in their phones
Nokia had the most terrible speaker volumes but now they are the best of the best (N81, N95, N73, N73 ME, E90, All Music Express Phones).

umm dude...just check the w910..and compare it to any damn hone in the market..u will get ur answer..except the w880 and the w890..due to their slim size..i dont think any phone comes close to the volume level of the w series..my k850 rocks like anyhting...if u want proof..please check the gsmarena tests..u will kno for urself...

2- SE had the best cameras in their phones, everyone know how K750 (it is not CYBER-SHOT) kicked N90's ass in taking photos (N90 has Carl Zeiss optics)
but now SE camera are bad (not the worst) no autofocus, video is too bad
Nokia now has the best camera phone (N82) which kicked K850's ass this time (K850 is CYBER-SHOT for god's sake).

okay..i take ur word for it..coughs..n82 is the best camphone in the market coughs again..but do u know that SE beats the hell out of every 2mp/3.2 mp cam phone in the market..whn n95 came out..it took nokia months to actually bring the thing under control..and then when the n95 8 gb came out..it was a success..trust nokia to bring out a camphone 10 mm thick with a 5 mp cam in it..we will see then...

3- SE makes the same phone again and again but they change the cover !! since they made K750, all the next phones are the same:
1- 176X220 small screen
2- 2MP camera
3- Same software
4- they disabled the autofocus
examples:
K610 (it has 3G < the only difference)
V630
Z710
K618
K550
S500
K530
K630
K660
Z780
Walkman phones of these phones above also.

are u out of ur mind..whats ur problem if SE bring out trillions of phones of the same config..
they each have a different look to it and serve a different market..the S500 is for the classy..the k660 is for the trendy..and so on..u shud be happy that for a phone u have so many choices in terms of designs..aah well..there are some who will never stop whining

SE had the biggest screen in their smart phones, but now they make it smaller n smaller:

P800 = 3 inchs
P900 = 3 inchs
P910 = 3 inchs

===

P990 = 2.8
M600 = 2.6
W950 = 2.6
P1 = 2.6
G900 = 2.4
G700 = 2.4

===

we can ignore P800, P900, P910 because they have different software with different screen resolution
but what about the others, they just keep getting smaller and smaller from 2.8 to 2.4 !! don't tell me to make the whole phone smaller cause the can kepp exactly the same shape with 2.8 screen + nokia made N95 8GB with 2.8 screen with a really good size (N96 has 2.8 but the phone is even slimmer)

is n95 nokia??let them first bring out a touch screen phone and then talk..u forgot the X1 btw..and neway..ur talking bout screens..just take the n82 and the k850 side by side and choose a screen..u wil know better then...

the n96 and the n95 are the only phones that have a 2.8 inch screen..talking of getting slimmer..c902-10 mm and 5 mp cam..match that first..then speak...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Well said brother...amd..

But akshay is also right...
To start with we haven seen any groundbreaking technology or phone from se for part few years...before they were giving out hits after hits...now all they are doing is remakes...
Its time se..either you wake up or sleep for your lifetime, with apple to get launched in india...i dont know what se will come up... But if its another boring config put in a diff design, its going to hell for sure...

P.s i am a hardcore se fan!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nokia phones are for those who want a computer on the go. Nokia N82 is literally a small computer compared to SE K850i but here is the thing, not everyone wants a computer on the go. It makes the phone thick & heavy.

I for one like K850i cos it is a non-complex phone. maybe it's just me, but I find the nested menus of Symbian of N82 un-appealing for me. I find MyPhoneExplorer better then Nokia PC Suite. Besides, even with a K850i it's not like we are missing anything. I agree, SE K850i should have had a 16m color screen but it also eats battery life.

In a Phone, for me I need a media player which K850i has, a browser which is in the form of Opera Mini or Netfront in K850i (I prefer opera mini), a chat client in form of Morange. N82 can have a PDF or doc reader too but comon, the screen is so small to read a PDF. I would rather have a computer to read it on then N82. I need the ability to sync the Audio library with WMP11 & WMA files which K850i has in form of MTP protocol, K850i looks sleeker then N82. I need a good camera instantly cos I am a shutterbug. I don't need Youtube, this & that in a phone cos GPRS or EDGE speed won't be that fast anyway. I play videos at 320X240 mp4 format, usually downloaded TV shows etc with the ability to fast forward or back ward & start from where I left, K850i also has this

So, come to think of....where is SE lacking????? There are designs phones from SE & then there are efficient phones which last a lot. K750i was an efficient phone tht's why even after 2 years I can say it rox for me. K850i is the next efficient phone from SE.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Excellent view!
Appreciated!
+10

But still if you ask me whether se is same today when they launched k750 , and made the world to turns towardss them,
I would say no...now they want to solidify their market, and place a alternative for all nokia phones in the market...forgetting that we , power users are left in the dark...
If anything se should do now is these..

Put a powerful processor, increase ram for multi app running, bring in the design which se is well known for...this all we ask for this moment...

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
My W810i will be 2yrs old next month :D

And i still claim its the classy cell..

I am one of those who ppl call SE Fanboy's lol...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Excellent view!
Appreciated!
+10

But still if you ask me whether se is same today when they launched k750 , and made the world to turns towardss them,
I would say no...now they want to solidify their market, and place a alternative for all nokia phones in the market...forgetting that we , power users are left in the dark...
If anything se should do now is these..

Put a powerful processor, increase ram for multi app running, bring in the design which se is well known for...this all we ask for this moment...

You tend to forget that SE too after all is a company like all others and is out there to make a profit and have their priorities before their customer. All companies play nicely initially because they have to capture the minds of customers and establish themselves. But once they are established they know they don't have please customers too much since people tend to follow them anyway.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Imagine this
Walkman Phones.. None of them have AUTO FOCUS Camera.
w660, w580, w880, w890

and K phones. All AF Camera with cybershot main firmware.
k790, k810, k550, k800 None of them have Megabass and Improved Music Player.
Exceptions to this were the k750, w810 ! Great Music Player + Excellent camera with AF.
Also these phones like k790, k550 have Cybershot Camera Firmware... Which really brings high quality images compared to Walkmans.

Even the K850 has been an expect ion to this... but i have read that N82 Beats it in camera.

Also.. IN The Sony Ericsson Main Firmware.. There are no revolutionary changes in the new Db3150 Platform ! That is sad, I hope they improve the base software.

Only thing is the Walkman Player 3. With sense me and other stuff.

Graphics !! OMG I am really bored. Same images are used in all SONY ERICSSON PHONES. Take a Firmware Extractor and check out. Right from low end to high end. Same images used in the phones.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

i will buy the next phone in septembar, if by then the G902 is out then that's best. Symbian UIQ, fast cpu, RAM, Touchscreen, cybershot camera, walkman player 3.0, it has everything.

Else K850i

Dipen01

Youngling
Glad to know that I'm not the only one :))

Also when i bought W810i it was for 18k... now i guess its for 8k :p..

I'd say my money is vasool.. Also i have used my cousin's cell (Samsung D820, Nokia N95, Various others) for couple of days or weeks but nothing is as sleek and classy compared to SE cells ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
^I asked in "themobilestore" in my town:it is selling for Rs8170 something with some free offers(forgot)!.

w810 sells even today.

Prices of all new phones like k550, w580, w610 are now going below w810 Price !!!!
yeah thanks akshay.I have a que.Does updating w810i as per THIS page is safe?
Also,which OS this w810i and all use:confused: I know it is not uiq and all :D(is it by anyhow based on java???) and how about installing ubuntu linux on this fone :)) ?have you tried?
and how to verify the OS of the phone?do share those keys to find info about phone :)
Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom