Sony Ericsson Beats Motorola to 3rd position!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
3G omission is not significant..As of now no 3G services in India...Government is just pushing the dates for 3G spectrum..Even if it rolls out it will be too costly..3G in India will become a mass service only after 2-3 years and till then you must have changed your phone for sure..And no I can't relent to N82: For Camera, no matter how hard you try..ZN5 is a cam phone while N82 is kinda all in one device but has limitations..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Why is SE suddenly in the equation ? Just asking :p

coz they adapted mostly java OS....& very less symbian OS...:D
my frnd itsself faced a problem with Java OS...while installing a game on Samsung G900....OMG :shock:..what a tedious process it was...(when we saw the method on installing a game in Java OS on utube :)))

Power UP

In the zone
3G will be rolled out by hopefully next jan.
Ofcourse prices will be high. But the experience should be worth it. And if its a feature like video calling,proper broadband net speed etc. then i will like to show it off :D
Once in a while u can indulge in sinful pleasures :twisted:

Look at iPhone, people buy it in spite of it being so costly because u can't get that experience from other phones.

For some N82 is better for some Zn5 is better, thats the way the ball rolls.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
For some N82 is better for some Zn5 is better, thats the way the ball rolls.

Hmm at last we agreed to something...And I liked your comment on sinful pleasure indulgence..If it wasn't the case we would have still living in 3310 era..

In between I am planning to buy ZN5 next month..Should I hope for price cuts in near future so that I can wait for sometime...It is the legacy of Moto fones that they drastically cut the prices once they are exhausted their prime sales..

That doesn't mean that ZN5 is priced unjust as of now..Infact it is the best Value for Money even now

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
coz they adapted mostly java OS....& very less symbian OS...:D
my frnd itsself faced a problem with Java OS...while installing a game on Samsung G900....OMG :shock:..what a tedious process it was...(when we saw the method on installing a game in Java OS on utube :)))

Samsung and java is a joke.Btw,SE DOES NOT UTILIZE A JAVA OS. It supports java apps and a lot more apps owing to a new capuchin format.

I guess, you guys forgot about the XPERIAmthe best selling phone in the UK currently, with no NOKIA phone coming close.Btw, SE will be revealing high end symbian phones in the future and then we can compare them to the present Nokia ones.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
I guess, you guys forgot about the XPERIAmthe best selling phone in the UK currently, with no NOKIA phone coming close.Btw, SE will be revealing high end symbian phones in the future and then we can compare them to the present Nokia ones.

yea SE and nokia for good phones goes with this ratio 1:5

btw everybody know that everytime SE gets bashed up by nokia

now you will write (huh funny ever heard of C905 it bashes up every nokia phone and all that fcuk)

you are stuck with 2 phones XPERIA and C905 from around 2 months

we have other phones to talk about toooo.....

if someone says SE sucks you will come up running and say ever heard of C905 :lol::lol:

you have got only two phones.................

let see post your SE phones and i will post the nokia phone which bashes it and now don't come up japanese bravia and all that fcuk ... post about what is available

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Today , i have pretty good hands on exp with motorola zn5.. the build quality is top notch .. but i did not like its looks .. music quality through ep 630 is same as n85.did not sound much different for my ears, but its much better than n82 .. camera is good ..though camera setting menu is what i dislike ..also there was no option for creating manual eq settings in music player ..overall menu was also very different as i am used to s60 ui ..also placement of 3.5mm jack on upper left side is not ideal .. i prefer it to be on top like n82 ,n85 , n78 etc..

overall it looked like good phone but as i said before it should be priced at 5k less than the mighty n82 .. somewhere around 14k would be an excellent price for this handset .. though someone looking for pure camera phone its a excellent choice over se , lg and samsung handsets .. its priced at 15.5k ..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

now you will write (huh funny ever heard of C905 it bashes up every nokia phone and all that fcuk)

if someone says SE sucks you will come up running and say ever heard of C905 :lol::lol:

let see post your SE phones and i will post the nokia phone which bashes it and now don't come up japanese bravia and all that fcuk ... post about what is available

1:5? LOL.. :lol:

Wait for 2009. The year of reckoning for SE. Feb 2009 will see 6 high end announcements, including the 12 mp camphone from SE which is slated to release a bit earlier and 4 8 mp handesets, including full touch walkmans and SF phones.

azzu

AJJU

so at last u know that SE c905 and xperia are the Best mobiles out there ;)

sushantvirdi

Journeyman

did u forgot the bashing done by k750i, k790i and k810i...they are the best fones in their category...

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
did u forgot the bashing done by k750i, k790i and k810i...they are the best fones in their category...

K790I and K810i huh .... only good @ camera

and overall dumb phones

Heard of N73 the best selling N-SERIES device......... it just throws them out of the competition

K790i is better than K810i with cheapest looking keypad ......

K790i available for 9.8 k whereas N73 @ 10k

only plus point of K790i is it's xenon flash.... whereas N73 got more than 10 advantages over it........

1235Sam

Sameer
K790I and K810i huh .... only good @ camera

and overall dumb phones

Heard of N73 the best selling N-SERIES device......... it just throws them out of the competition

K790i is better than K810i with cheapest looking keypad ......

K790i available for 9.8 k whereas N73 @ 10k

only plus point of K790i is it's xenon flash.... whereas N73 got more than 10 advantages over it........

k790 dumb?lol.
i really dont wanna to this thread becoming k790 vs n73 but i cant stop posting the following facts..
k790 advantage over n73

looks much nicer
better build quality
better joystick/keypad
better SQ through headphone
faster UI
Better battery life

overall if you dont need symbian,k790 is much better buy...

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
*images.orkut.com/orkut/albums2/ATgAAABCYj9PEfV3KKQQ-SW5rWTEp_TM67e6BgN5F_IBuDMfQbyy5d5CI9tL8ClOI2RdoIj0-1Fnwm7JM0YH0ZiiOhpiAJtU9VDcSEnKQNGgjsyKaVxZGSEc-d3_Aw.jpg

huh better joystick :lol: don't tell me i know how good it is....

better build quality just see below quoted from gsmarena review

Nokia phones have rarely been spoken as of devices of ideal body construction or perfect part hold. Yet, Nokia N73 appears to be an exception to this rule; its construction is very good; all parts stick together the way they should
looks much nicer .... huh ... have you ever seen it personally just hold the two phones together ??? it looks better from back but from front give me a break.....

K790i ke speaker mein volume hai ? bahaar nikaal do sunayi nahi dente....

3G is another downside of your K790i atleast it is futureproof..... lets 3G get launched then video calling will become another factor.....

have you ever seen n-series image gallery ?? it looks great....

2 x k790i video recording = N73 video recording......

30 days call log beat that.....

And people who say it as slow they dunno how to use it...... applications like contact log and all once opened stays in the ram which in the long run makes the phone slow the application JBTASKMAN when installed take cares they do not stay in the ram and gives around 17 MB free ram and phones works without any lags.....

Web surfing on that tiny screen of K790I is good lol on that.... N73 got the best browser and a great screen to enhance web surfing experience.....

And yes symbian in alone is a reason which throws K790i to trash

ever heard of CORE PLAYER when installed gives play back of VGA videos @ 30 fps without any lag i watch movies on N73... And in your K790i first convert the movie put in it and then with that tiny screen can't even enjoy the movie.

better battery life hmm.... i get around 2 days battery back up with N73 and that is quite sufficient ........

Gaming is another reason N73 is known as one of the gaming handset of nokia......

And camera is not bad either the SINGLE LED is better than W810I + K550I total 4 leds of SE

The best N73 camera setting is

SET ISO TO HIGH
SET EV +0.5
SCENE MODE LANDSCAPE

pic taken via N73.......

*images.orkut.com/orkut/albums2/ATgAAAB6sCnSei9blee8r70o-FfdynlNF3G21Fi8v87UDcOzYoZ9o3MpurJOoDgVZ5ERGe4fQbmqMB_C9l7GFXuvSN14AJtU9VD0nRcxHjUi_ON2I2CeqdhR7j1EPA.jpg

^^^^^ THATS A NIGHT SHOT WITH ONLY THE TUBE LIGHT SWITCHED ON AND LED..

huh i have many more points will come @ night to post more :D

1:5? LOL.. :lol:

Wait for 2009. The year of reckoning for SE. Feb 2009 will see 6 high end announcements, including the 12 mp camphone from SE which is slated to release a bit earlier and 4 8 mp handesets, including full touch walkmans and SF phones.

u always keep us waiting :lol:

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Thats really very kind of you to point out these things.but it really doesnt better the fact that the K790 outsold the N73 by all measn and is still the better cam and music phone in the market.And coming to the modding capabilities, the K790 can be modded to a better cam driver, with manual focus(u heard me right) and you can increase bass, trble, anything to suit your needs..

The xenon flash is the main reason, people go for this phone. 99% of the users dont ever take out their ata cable from the bag and are more satisfied in receiving songs through bluetooth or just using what comes from the bag.Even a bigger quantity of people doesnt know that you can actually install applications there.I have a friend who has an N82, and the only thing he does, is show off(SE is a better deal that way). The C902, touted to be a flop performer by all forum members, has been the highest grosser for SE after the K750/w800 era topping the charts everywhere.The XPERIA and the C905 have been great hits and are ruling charts eveyrwhere too. The G705 and the W705(coming tomorrow) are wifi and gps enabled phones that will cater to the mid market with prices around 15-16k.

Now whatever the case,SE have slowly but surely started to move their way up the ladder.Coming with the C905 and the XPERIA and more WM and Symbian devices to follow in the near future, its Welcome back SE next year.

To top it all, its the third largest manufacturer in the world, and for you guys, SE have devised you a new pricing policy, so cell phone rates will drop drastically in the coming months, with less but better handsets coming our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom