Sony Ericcson W660i Ringtone sound problem! Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I just 4 days back purchased a w660i walkman phone from sony ericsson. Its great in every aspect and i love it for its responsive software and great features including 2 MP camera, walkman music system and a very functional HTML browser.

But today i noticed that the ringtones that play very nicely while making a selection of them have too much of noisy treble levels when it rings for a call. All the songs play well with inbuilt speakers and ringtones too, if played manually play very well. the problem occurs when it is played as a ringtone for calls.

All the ringtones are in 128 kbps 44100 KHZ MP3 format, taken from regular pir@ted cds.

Somebody help plz.

regards,
Sumit

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Thats mostly how it is in SE phones. In order to make the ringtone more audible, the phone boosts its volume causing distortion. However when you play it back manually it plays them back at the normal volume. I don't know a solution for this. Neither do I think there is one.

acewin

Point Blanc
I too had that problem in my K550i, for a week or 2 after I had set a mp3 ringtone, I found whenever someone calls to me I dont hear anything, my settings in phone was increasing. But while I was selecting my ringtone it showed proper volume.

THen I increased my volume for solution, still same issue. Then removed increasing ringtone setting.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Your problem is different from his. You had low volume. He has high volume but with distorted sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom