Sony Dvd-writer churning out blank dvd's after burning......pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i have a sony dvd writer,it is acting weired.
when i write a dvd it shows the whole burning process then verifies.then when i insert the dvd back in the drive it shows nothing absolutely nothing.
i used iso buster but it also shows nothing.
i must tell u here that i use sony dvd's with jewel case and write at 8x or 12x speeds.
i have been facing this problem for some time now. but earlier the dvd wont show in my computer but in iso buster it would show.
but now it does not even show in isobuster.

pls help.

*img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windowuj5.jpg

*img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indowth6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
i found one more thing that if i insert any movie dvd it reads them fine but when i insert any dvd that was written with it, it does not recognise it.

will upgrading firmware void my warranty????

joelf15

Journeyman
tango_cash said:
i found one more thing that if i insert any movie dvd it reads them fine but when i insert any dvd that was written with it, it does not recognise it.

will upgrading firmware void my warranty????

no it will not disturb the warranty..the firmware thinghy should work or try using another brand of dvd's n see..

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
i took the drive to my vendor and when he attached to his computer it worked ok i.e it read dvd's that were written.
but i forgot to take the dvd's i had burned so i could not check them.also i did not burn any dvd there.
but strangely he says i might have a virus infection and he says i should format my computer.when i told him i formateed my cmp fidteen days ago he says this time we should format all the drives.
i use avg antivirus and zone alarm security suite i scanned using both and found no viruses.
he says i should use e-scan antivirus.
i think he is a stupid jerk. because i don't think any virus can have such an effect on your dvd drive.and i think it is something related to hardware.
what do u people think????
btw my config is intel 2.8 gz hyperthreading proccesor, intel orignal 915 gav motherboard, sony dvd writer, lg cd writer. 768 mb of ram at 400 mhz.
250 gb sata hdd of segate.
should i post logs of hijack this??

joelf15

Journeyman
tango_cash said:
i took the drive to my vendor and when he attached to his computer it worked ok i.e it read dvd's that were written.
but i forgot to take the dvd's i had burned so i could not check them.also i did not burn any dvd there.
but strangely he says i might have a virus infection and he says i should format my computer.when i told him i formateed my cmp fidteen days ago he says this time we should format all the drives.
i use avg antivirus and zone alarm security suite i scanned using both and found no viruses.
he says i should use e-scan antivirus.
i think he is a stupid jerk. because i don't think any virus can have such an effect on your dvd drive.and i think it is something related to hardware.
what do u people think????
btw my config is intel 2.8 gz hyperthreading proccesor, intel orignal 915 gav motherboard, sony dvd writer, lg cd writer. 768 mb of ram at 400 mhz.
250 gb sata hdd of segate.
should i post logs of hijack this??

whts the brand of dvd he ised when burning..could u temme wht brand ure using at home ..prob..tht is the prob!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If its a DRU-170C writer bang it on their head. I returned mine in a week and got a LiteOn LH20A1P
The Sony drive wasn't reading half my DVDs, and mind you these were being easily read by Samsung DVD drives!

JimmyJ

Right off the assembly line
There is no firmware for the Sony DVD RW drive. Occasionally my drive use to recognize DVDs written below 4 x. I use ImgBurn which had option to select the speed from 1x on. But last day even that failed. Remember that the DVD also has limitation on what speed it is capabale of writing. Too slow and too fast can sometimes kill it. If possible get it replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom