Sony DVD-RW DRU 720a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naren Parker

Broken In
Hi Guys
Presently having a lousy problem with my sony dru-720 dvd writer. THis thing is of late being unable to read CDs but reads DVDs perfectly fine. The light blinks for a few seconds but the disc is not recognized in Explorer. The CDs work perfectly in other drives though...

Can anybody tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks.

assasin

Banned
update ur firmware.if u can crossflash ur drive to a LiteOn SOHW 1693S with the KS0B patched firmware.even i hav the same drive,had some probs with it,crossflashed it and now its working gr8.

OP
N

Naren Parker

Broken In
Hey thnx man but are you sure that this is not gonna cause any probs? Coz I have only one DVD writer. Will the setup program flash the Sony drive without causing any errors? Sorry for being paranoid but thats the way it is right now..

Also tell me the site from where u've downloaded the crossflash. I've googled it but just in case. Is it a direct download from LiteOn site or are crossflash firmware specially written? Anyways plz tell me the site frm wer u hav downloaded...

Thnks

assasin

Banned
*codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

go to this link and download the KS0B-Crossflasshing file.do this only if u hav finished ur drives warranty cover.remember all types of warranty become void if u crossflsh ur drive.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
dood can u tell me using which firmware can i crossflash my SONY AW-G170A???....id be grateful..thnkx:) :)

OP
N

Naren Parker

Broken In
Ok guys, finally tried crossflashing....

Success....

Now I'm the proud owner of a Lite-On SOHW 1693S (virtually) with Sony DRU-720a hardware!!!

But still the same problem. CDs just dont get recognised. Noticed some improvements in reading and writing though...

The Sony service man says its time to change my lens :-|

dood...Tried searching but many people feel that SONY AW-G170A shud not be crossflashed coz though the firmware is same for a few other drives, the basic hardware of the drive is somewhat different...

Thats waht the folks said, but try checking it out urself anyways

Happy Cross-Flashing

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
thnkx fr thehelp man...it would be gr8 if u could post the link where the cons of the 170a area listed thnks!:D

assasin

Banned
Naren Parker said:
Now I'm the proud owner of a Lite-On SOHW 1693S (virtually) with Sony DRU-720a hardware!!!

SONY DRU-720A is a rebadged LiteOn SOHW 1673S.so ur really the owner of a LiteOn drive and not virtually.

for crossflashing the AWG170A read this:

*forum.imgburn.com/lofiversion/index.php/t3934.html

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
thnkx fr the reply dood ...i just flashed my aw-g170 eith the optiaec ad7170a firmware and its working gr8...though i wanted to flash it with the optiarc ad7173a firmware whichwould give me label flash:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom