Sony DVD R/W

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
Hii

On Monday i purchased a new PC which which i got a Sony DVD R/W, but the problem is the dvd r/w is not detecting any autorun for any dvd. i mean when i insert a game dvd it is taking too long for me to start the Setup and setup also takes too long to begin.
neither i can copy anything.

same dvd works fine on my laptop.

The DVD R/W is ad7260s by Sony.
the driver version shown by update utility of sony is 1.61 and the driver on the website is 1.03.
so help me out quickly.

thanks in advance

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
thanks for the reply i will check whether after turning off my antivirus will i be able to read DVD CD.

do not turn off anti virus to simply run the autorun file..coz autorun.ini the major culprit of spreading viruses....

if u r 100% sure that the CD/DVD u r reading is free from viruses then only disable the anti-virus...otherwise not..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - try a linux distro CD/DVD and see how much time it needs to get to the desktop - if the DVD drive has some issue the linux distro will take too long ( to show desktop ) or will not load at all.

Or else try a good cd/dvd which content is virus free and you know for sure ( like mobo driver CD ) and try copying the entire disk contents into HDD and see how much time it takes.

Top Bottom