sony dvd not reading cd and dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
guy my sony dvd rom is giving me problems it is not reading any dvd or any thing
can somebody tell me how to get it replaced it is in warranrty

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you tried any trouble shooting steps - like changing sata date cable/port - also try another sata power cable.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guy my sony dvd rom is giving me problems it is not reading any dvd or any thing
can somebody tell me how to get it replaced it is in warranrty

before going for RMA..
do try Lens Cleaner for CD/DVD

if problem is not solved then last option is RMA.

contact the dealer for RMA centers of SONY :mrgreen:

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
have you tried any trouble shooting steps - like changing sata date cable/port - also try another sata power cable.

will try ..but the issue is when i insert a dvd or cd the system restarts automatically

before going for RMA..
do try Lens Cleaner for CD/DVD

if problem is not solved then last option is RMA.

contact the dealer for RMA centers of SONY :mrgreen:

Err i dont hv a lens cleaner ...where can i get one and what might be the price

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ in device manager - either the device will have a yellow exclamation mark or when you check the properties of the dvd drive it will be written in the device status area - also if possible do a firmwire upgrade.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
^^ in device manager - either the device will have a yellow exclamation mark or when you check the properties of the dvd drive it will be written in the device status area - also if possible do a firmwire upgrade.

Tried it in another pc working fine might be mobo issue

tkin

Back to school!!
Change the sata cable and see, if not then it could be a software issue(check in device manager), or hardware issue(issues with sata port or sata power cable problem)

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
which mobo do you have ? if there's more than 2 sata port then try plugging in the dvd drive on other sata ports on mobo - also update the bios of the mobo.

The mobo is gigabyte h55md2h The bios is updated but one of my mobo's sata port is damaged i accidently pulled th whole sata port out around 2 months ago.
Do i need to get it repaired ...???
Other ports are working fine

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you have any free sata port left on the mobo connect the DVD drive on that port ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom