Sony DCR-HC36E Carcorder Tv recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

chits

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I brought Sony camcorder . I read that we can record Tv programs on tape.
I tried but no luck. has anybody tried it...

Please tell me steps to record ?

Thanks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
sam9s said:
I dont think a camcorder acts as a VCR. There is no "Video in" as far as I know. I dont know about the very latest models though.
thats what i too say. & there's nothing mentioned about Video IN for your camera model here

hey dude you've paid Rs. 23,990 /- for that camera (i guess, coz @ sony india its priced as such), atleast go thru the INDEX of the Product Instruction Manual. :D

plsoft

Journeyman
Of course you can record TV progs. I have an older handycam Sony TRV460E and i record the progs i want, i recorded the FIFA World Cup in its full glory. Moreover reading from this site (*www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=17979714) it has mentioned that there is A/V Input and Output in yur cam, so you can obviously record TV progs. Here is wat you shud do: Plug the A/V cable (usually white and yellow) in the output jack of your TV and the other end on your camcorder. Set your cam in Play/Edit mode, and in the menu there is an option RecCtrl (may differ a little in yur case). After you press this option you will see few options appearing in the LCD (Rec,Pause etc...). Just press Rec (in red color) and the TV Prog will be recorded in yur Cam's MiniDV tape, when you are done just press the Stop option.
Hope this helps.

plsoft

Journeyman
@sam9s: well yur thread is still there. I'm not sure whether the manufacturers have done as you said. However going by simple logic, it doesn't make sense for the manufacturers to do so. Take an example of TV Card in yur PC, you can record any prog you like. Also there is DTH providers giving you a facility to record TV progs. So i don't think the manufacturers have removed the recording capability (but just my hunch), at least they shudn't when others haven't. Maybe they have done so for Europe and US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom