Sony 40HX750 or Samsung UA40ES6800R or Samsung UA40ES6600R

aerosg

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am planning to take a 40" SMART 3D LED TV. I cannot reach in a conclusion, i have selected 3 TVs as listed above and need to go with the best one.

I have seen the PQ of SONY 40HX750, its too good when compared to Samsung Models. But i heard Sony was having BRAVIA Engine problems (last 2yrs).

I want suggestions from experts here.

Please don't refer any other models or any other Brands.

Thanks

mohit_delhi

Broken In
Recently I bought a Sony 40EX650 and must say it's PQ is outstanding, better than Samsung series for sure (not to mean that Samsung is not good) and I havent heard of any issues with BRAVIA engine...but you havent detailed your requirements, how important is 3D for you & did you compare 3D viewing & glasses as well?

randomuser111

Technomancer
First

HX750 does not use Bravia Engine. It uses X-Reality Engine, which is an evolution of Bravia Engine.

Second, there was no issue with Bravia Engine. Sony's picture processing engine remains amongst the industry best (be it Bravia Engine or X-Reality)

OP
A

aerosg

Broken In
how important is 3D for you & did you compare 3D viewing & glasses as well?

Hi Mohit,

3D is not so important, but i prefer to have that feature too in the TV and about the BRAVIA Engine issue, when i checked with a shop guy in a multi-brand showroom, i got to know that there was a problem with BRAVIA engine 2 yrs ago as they were getting complaints from the customers, who took TV from the shop.

I guess Sony 3D Glassess are better than Samsung as we have to change the battery in Samsung while in Sony it can be charged.

I had experienced the Sony 40HX750 Series and its true that Samsung cannot compete Sony in terms of PQ.

First

HX750 does not use Bravia Engine. It uses X-Reality Engine, which is an evolution of Bravia Engine.

Second, there was no issue with Bravia Engine. Sony's picture processing engine remains amongst the industry best (be it Bravia Engine or X-Reality)

Hi Randomuser,

What is the difference between the Bravia Engine and X-Reality Engine. Is X-Reality PRO better than X-Reality engine ?
==================================================================
I visited a Reliance Digital shop and the guy over there told me that Samsung doesn't specify any engine unlike Sony. Does that mean that Samsung doesn't any powerful engine like Sony ?

When i checked the specs of the Samsung models prescribed above, it showed as dual core...

What are the files that are not supported by Sony ? Will Sony support an external hdd if connected ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yes X-Reality PRO is superior to X-Reality. X-Reality is a single core processing engine, whereas X-Reality PRO uses dual core. Basically X-Reality PRO features reality creation to add detail and make SD feed look as good as HD.

X-Reality PRO is available only in HX850.

And showroom sales people will make up any story to sell the brand they get more commission from. So don't listen to them. Sony TVs are anyway more reliable than Samsung.

EDIT:

Samsung's picture engine is called HyperReal engine. It's also good, but X-Reality is superior.

Files not supported include mkv, xvid, flv etc. MKV can be played if you remux it to .ts though. Which takes about 5 minutes only.

HDD is supported if the file system is exFAT. NTFS isn't supported

aroraanant

Explorer
Rather getting HX750 get HX850, it is a much a better option.
But if you buying then do consider the following points:
Files not supported include mkv, xvid, flv etc.
HDD is supported if the file system is exFAT. NTFS isn't supported

OP
A

aerosg

Broken In
Hi, Thnx for the reply...

Is SONY TV compatible with any brand blu-ray player or Home Theatre ? Just heard from a friend that he had compatibility issues and SONY products works only with Sony.... :cool:

OP
A

aerosg

Broken In
Does Sony products come with an International Warranty, if purchased outside India ?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Does Sony products come with an International Warranty, if purchased outside India ?

No.
But you get international warranty in Samsung if you buy from Dubai, the case is not valid if you buy from Bangkok, and about other places I am not sure.

mohit_delhi

Broken In
Hi Mohit,

3D is not so important, but i prefer to have that feature too in the TV and about the BRAVIA Engine issue, when i checked with a shop guy in a multi-brand showroom, i got to know that there was a problem with BRAVIA engine 2 yrs ago as they were getting complaints from the customers, who took TV from the shop.

I guess Sony 3D Glassess are better than Samsung as we have to change the battery in Samsung while in Sony it can be charged.

I had experienced the Sony 40HX750 Series and its true that Samsung cannot compete Sony in terms of PQ.

Hi Randomuser,

What is the difference between the Bravia Engine and X-Reality Engine. Is X-Reality PRO better than X-Reality engine ?
==================================================================
I visited a Reliance Digital shop and the guy over there told me that Samsung doesn't specify any engine unlike Sony. Does that mean that Samsung doesn't any powerful engine like Sony ?

When i checked the specs of the Samsung models prescribed above, it showed as dual core...

What are the files that are not supported by Sony ? Will Sony support an external hdd if connected ?

Don't go by what dealers say, you won't find many dealers pushing for Sony over Samsung bcoz Sony has got a strict dealer discount/commission policy, go by what your eyes says :) and yes if budget is not an issue then rather go for 850 as rightly mentioned by others

I also agree with what randomuser said...i don't think there is any reason to save 10K when you are already having a good budget in your hand.

OP
A

aerosg

Broken In
Thank You Guys for your valuable suggestions....

Finally I decided to go with Samsung 40ES6600R.. Am getting it for 50,000 with FREE Blu-Ray Player and Skype Camera. :wink:

They don't offer anything free with SONY and its more costly than the above model Samsung. :-(

There is a 15000 difference between a SMART TV (non-3d) and a SMART (3D) TV. Now i am in a confusion, whether to spend xtra 15k just for 3D... What do you guys think about it ?

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
I would suggest go ahead with 3D if you have liking for it...maybe in future you would regret not having it as most of the new content is also made in 3D

mohit_delhi

Broken In
Thank You Guys for your valuable suggestions....

Finally I decided to go with Samsung 40ES6600R.. Am getting it for 50,000 with FREE Blu-Ray Player and Skype Camera. :wink:

They don't offer anything free with SONY and its more costly than the above model Samsung. :-(

There is a 15000 difference between a SMART TV (non-3d) and a SMART (3D) TV. Now i am in a confusion, whether to spend xtra 15k just for 3D... What do you guys think about it ?

Where have you bought it from? Cant be from
India at 50k..have you got it from dubai?

OP
A

aerosg

Broken In
Where have you bought it from? Cant be from
India at 50k..have you got it from dubai?

Yes Mohit, I am getting it from Dubai... the final price quoted is 45000 with 4 3D Glasses, Blu-ray Player and Skype Camera FREE with 1 Year International Warranty.

Unfortunately, they are not giving anything free with the Sony Models :-(

Top Bottom