songs dont show up in itunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronweasley

Broken In
some of my music files wont show up in itunes......

windows meda player and every other player i have...shows 1327 songs in my library but itunes shows only 726..........whenever i try to drag and drop the missing songs directly from explorer..into itunes..it says "audio format not supported".......also the same files dont even play off a backup cd(in itunes)...the same message shows up.....whats going on???

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
what is the format of the files in problem ? Also, keep in mind that format (I mean the codec) and the container (extension of the file) can vary. So, if some codec is not supported in itunes but is supported by other players, then it will not play even if the container is correct.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iTunes supports MP3 and AAC files. It also supports WMA, in the sense that it converts it when you import it into iTunes.

If you songs are encoded in some other format (apart from these three, that is), they won't play in iTunes.

Convert your entire collection to MP3 or AAC. It is wise to do so. :)

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
all my songs are 128kbps MP3 encoded using windows media player 11.....the thing is...all those missing ones were available in itunes before........this thing happened only after i cleared the itunes library and added the songs again......(this was because i had to change the location of the music library)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, if you want to change the location of the library, you just copy and paste the whole 'iTunes' folder at the other location and then double click on the 'iTunes Library' file within that folder. iTunes takes care of everything.

I don't know what you ended up doing...

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
hmm......maybe thats the problem...i maually added the files by selecting File>Add folder to library and selecting my music folder.............didnt know abt the library file.......what do i do now??.......

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You fix all the broken links. Whenever you cannot play any file, it will show an exclamation mark next to it and probably ask you to locate the file in your library. Point it to the file and it will be re-linked with the file. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom