Some Questions on Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The Dedicated wordpress thread has been dead for now, I posted there an month or two ago but got no replies. So I am making this new thread.

I have a few queries regarding Wordpress blogging, please solve them.

1) I need a plugin to link my Imageshack images in my wordpress posts. I tried the "Imageshack wordpress pluing" but it fails giving some error. So I removed it. Any other plugin to do the same?

2) How to change the USER IMAGE which appears in the comment field. Whenever I reply, I just see a gravatar.

3) I got a mail saying that your site provides inaccurate info for the whois. They told me to provide correct info within next 48 hours or they will take down my site. I don't know much about whois, but what should I do? Ravi, are you listening?

4) How to make the post short and add a "Read more" or a similar button to get the Full Post?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
2. Did you register at Gravatar.com and upload your gravatar?
3. Post that entire email(with headers). I had "privacy protected" all my domains but never received such an email. It may be a scam!
4. There is a "More" tag. Keyboard shortcut is Shift+Alt+T. Place your cursor where you want to break the text and insert the more tag there!

mrintech

Technomancer
The Dedicated wordpress thread has been dead for now, I posted there an month or two ago but got no replies. So I am making this new thread.

I have a few queries regarding Wordpress blogging, please solve them.

1) I need a plugin to link my Imageshack images in my wordpress posts. I tried the "Imageshack wordpress pluing" but it fails giving some error. So I removed it. Any other plugin to do the same?

2) How to change the USER IMAGE which appears in the comment field. Whenever I reply, I just see a gravatar.

3) I got a mail saying that your site provides inaccurate info for the whois. They told me to provide correct info within next 48 hours or they will take down my site. I don't know much about whois, but what should I do? Ravi, are you listening?

4) How to make the post short and add a "Read more" or a similar button to get the Full Post?

1. No idea

2. Go register and upload your pic here: *en.gravatar.com/

3. Your Host will help you, open a support ticket

4. Where you want to Insert Read More... Just click More while writing the post

*i42.tinypic.com/25fq8g0.png

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
So how do you guys insert images in post?

Here is the mail which I received on 2nd February 2009,

Inaccurate contact information for domain name gauravlive.com
Monday, 2 February, 2009 7:04 PM

Hello Customer,

Kindly note that it has come to our notice that the domain name:

gauravlive.com

is displaying INACCURATE Contact Details in its Whois Lookup.

To this effect, we would request you to modify the Registrant,
Administrative, Billing and Technical contact details of this domain name
within 48 hours.If the Contact Details of domain name are not modified in
time, we will be SUSPENDING this domain name.
If the Contact Details are accurate, don't modify it, just send us
documents mentioned below within 48 hours.

To prove the whois authenticity of this domain name and avoid it getting
suspended in the next 48 hours, you need to send us the following
documents.

1. A letter on the letterhead stating that the new contact details of the
domain name are accurate; &
2. Proof of the new contact details in the form of an identification proof
or a copy of a utility bill like electricity bill or telephone bill.

The documents can be sent as an attachment to this mail.

As per the Registrar Registrant Agreement for Domain Names clause 2 (1),
you need to always maintain updated contact details for all domain names
registered through us. You may find a copy of this Agreement within your
Control Panel at Help -> Legal Agreements.

You can check whois details from here:
*whois.publicdomainregistry.com

You can login in your account and modify contact details from here:
*techhunt.supersite.myorderbox.com/

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Whost.in Abuse Desk

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
How can I put a QUOTE box or CODE box in my posts in case I wish to quote something or include GNU Linux commands in my posts?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
To quote others, use block quote or cite(cite is not available I think). You may also use 'preformatted' type from the dropdown menu that contains options like "heading 1", "heading 2"..."paragraph"

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I never received this kind of email for my domain, maybe someone has file a complained against you, that why the are verify.I checked the WHOIS records, they seem correct

But before doing anything, contact ravi(Contact: +91.1127294032)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Gaurav, repost the email will headers(full headers). It may be a phishing attack(though I seriously doubt why one wants to phish you :D)

To insert images in posts, *codex.wordpress.org/Using_Image_and_File_Attachments

@gary4gar and G5,

There is no need to contact Ravi on STD phone :d
Login into youe clients area and open a support ticket.

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
The Dedicated 2) How to change the USER IMAGE which appears in the comment field. Whenever I reply, I just see a gravatar.
Actually these images are Gravatar themselves, so it's obvious you see them. These 'USER IMAGES' are called Gravatar. You should have said that you are seeing the gravatar logo instead of seeing your own gravatar.

gravatar=Globally Recognized Avatar
i started a blog today and also chaged my gravatar. just click edit profile. and change you gravatar.
My blog:- jojothedragon.wordpress.com
not much of a blog as i didn't had time to add much.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
The mail sent to you is not phishing. we received complain from *www.publicdomainregistry.com/ regarding your domain name incorrect whois details. Maybe someone has file a complained against your domain name using this form.
*www.publicdomainregistry.com/contactus/report-false-whois/

Few months ago, my own one domain name was asked to submit documents. So, don't worry about this, just scan the documents and send as reply to that mail.

However, I have replied to publicdomainregistry and requested not to suspend your domain name. Just to be on safe side, please send scan copy of required documents.

For fast support, prefer support ticket or live chat on my website www.whost.in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom