Some ques on LCD & laptop HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

I want to buy a 19" LCD. My dealer has Acer's 19" LCD. He is quoting the price of 8800 Rs. It has only vga out. So, anybody here using Acer LCD. How r they in performance?

Now, coming to gpu's. Current graphics card has which out, i mean vga or dvi or both? Shud i buy a LCD of DVI out? Does a LCD of dvi out also has a vga out?

Another thing is I want to make a external HD out of laptop's HD. SO, shud i buy pata or sata hd? Which is better? Also guide me on which casing to buy?

Thanx,, pls guide me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Every LCD monitor comes with either one VGA or VGA and DVI ports. I suggest you go for Dell 198WFP or go for samsung LCD's.

2) All the current gen GPU's come with two DVI ports. Difficult to find GPU's with one VGA and one DVI ports.

3) To convert your laptop HD into external HD, you need to buy 2.5" external case for laptop HDD.

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Thanx for helping desiibond.

Which laptop HD to buy, sata or pata?? Which is better in speed?? Does both have same type of connectors??

Rahim

Married!
PATA has IDE cables (flat and cumbersome) and SATA has only one narrow cable. Sata should be less expensive than PAta.

Well, for the LCD part go with a Dell 19" or Larger LCD Screen. Dell's products are great, quality and durability wise. And i have a really really bad experience with Acer (Not in LCDs, Laptops) and I will not personally advice you to go with an acer product specially if you are one of those who stick with their tech purchase for more than a year. I dont know how good they are but they literally cheated me in after sales support and i lived frustrated for 2 years, untill i buyed a Dell lappy, which i am extremly happy with.

I guess you may have some trouble finding the external case for SATA hdds but if you can, SATA is the way to go. They are faster and because of being the latest technology, are cheaper than PATA drives. External cases for PATA drives are more readily available for PATA HDDs IMO.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanx for helping desiibond.

Which laptop HD to buy, sata or pata?? Which is better in speed?? Does both have same type of connectors??

If you don't have a laptop HDD, then go for Western Digital portable HDD

160Gb My Passport Essential costs somewhere around 3k and is lot better than getting laptop HDD + casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom