.:: Some Queries Regarding Nokia 6600 ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuXian

In the zone
I am planning to purchase Nokia 6600. I am doubtful that the dealer is not providing me with all the accessories that are shipped along with the phone.

Hence I want to know what are the accesorries provided by the company along a boxed handset.?

Moreover I would like to know about Nokia 6600 from the ppl who are using it. What are its pros and cons and anything they think fit mentioning.

Waiting for a responce at the earliest.

V

vishal_bhatia87

Acceories comes with NOKIA 6600 are:
  • Mobile Handset
    Charger
    Battery
    Handsfree
    CD
    32MB Memory Card
Pros and cons about NOKIA 6600:
Pros:
  • Brilliant Color Screen
Cons:
  • Only 9 Sec Video Clip
    No Mp3 Playback
    Slow Processor
In my opinion go for 3230 (Rs. 15,600), Its features are:
  • 1.2 MegaPixel Camera
    60 Min. Video Rec
    Mp3 Playback
    Bluetooth & Infrared
    Edge & GPRS
    Etc.

Delpiero

Journeyman
Mp3 can be played and it there is unlimited video recording by using some 3'rd party softwares. 8)

Pros
Good screen
Lots of apps and games supported

Cons
A little heavy
Slow processor
Sound quality isn't very good

It's a good phone but 3230 is better than 6600. 6600 is very commonly used. Go for 3230 it's a better deal.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Thanks a lot guys for your valuable suggestions!!

Mamba which phone r u referring to 6600 or 3230?

If 3230 then Is the sound quality acceptable or very really that bad?

what about the sound quality when a call comes i.e is the bell ring of very low volume or bad quality?

khandu

In the zone
3230 Sound quality is not that bad.. can play MP3 with ok quality.. u wont mind it.. use headphones.. much better

i would definetly recommed 3230.. got much more features than 6600.. it is the best smartphone for middle class ppl rated by many sites.. and cheap according to its features...

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
thanks khandu and all

i think it doesnt support WAP and only xHTML is supported? Can somone clarify

BTW what do u say grudge?

khandu

In the zone
y do u need WAP if u have GPRS and EDGE!!!

and if u dont like the browser then u can get opera and firefox will launch soon..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
khandu said:
y do u need WAP if u have GPRS and EDGE!!!

and if u dont like the browser then u can get opera and firefox will launch soon..
Hmm.. u need WAP naa inorder to get all those info (or rather signals or some stuff with which u can browse). Man all the phones which got GPRS will have WAP. Even SE T100 got WAP, u know that?

I think opera got a mobile browser. :?

@TuxiaN,
It supports WAP dont worry.
What is WAP, it's just a protocol. It's there, dont worry. :D

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Thanks a lot grudge for clearing my doubt for once and all.

@vishal I had been to the 3230's official Indian page and didnt find infrared mentioned.

Can anyone clarify on that please

BTW some my friends are insisting on 6230i as its cost just 1k extra but the screen size is small and it doesnt have a symbian OS.

No symbian means no cabir but with no OS I have a question:

Will it have any limitations without an OS. What about the apps and all. Can someone throw light on this???

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
3230 --- *www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,66146,00.html
Code:
Bluetooth: Yes

Infrared: Yes

Data Synchronisation: Yes

Internet Browser: Yes, XHTML and HTML

WAP: Yes

GPRS (network dependent): Yes

EDGE (network dependent): Yes

Pop-Portâ„¢: Yes

Without symbian os you cant install the appl which are symbian based, but you can use java appl.

drgrudge

TuxiaN said:
No symbian means no cabir but with no OS I have a question:

Will it have any limitations without an OS. What about the apps and all. Can someone throw light on this???
Hmm.. no symbian means u cant install apps of any series 60 things. But it can be compared to 6610 where we can install some java apps/games for series 40 and not anything else.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
@grudge by meaning mobile forum I meant the Mobile Monster forum of thinkdigit and no other mobile forum.

now plz tell me do we have as many apps available in java like symbian? or there are less apps and many games??

What are the ups and downs of java based apps only mobile phone???

khandu

In the zone
Dude..

Symbian 60 has 1000's of apps and games.. and java based phones work only on games..

I really recommend to got for a Symbian 60 phone.. it has the max capability for apps etc..

its like java is DOS mode.. less apps.. and S60 is Windows.. many apps :p

yeah wap is just a protocol...

and yes opera has a very cool mobile browser.. i liked it..

Dont worry about virus.. not much spread in india.. and anyways u have antivirus for them too in S60 phones..

And 3230 has WAP and Infrared..

drgrudge

TuxiaN said:
@grudge by meaning mobile forum I meant the Mobile Monster forum of thinkdigit and no other mobile forum.

now plz tell me do we have as many apps available in java like symbian? or there are less apps and many games??

What are the ups and downs of java based apps only mobile phone???
Hmm.. we get Java appa also in addition to games, but that is very less to wht we get with series 60 phones.

khandu said:
its like java is DOS mode.. less apps.. and S60 is Windows.. many apps
yeah, it's almost true, and it works liek that. We got apps in java too, but that is way too less compared to what we have for Symbian OS.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
so guys after giving up 6600 I was for 3230 but now I am in complete dilema.

On one side I have those extra features of 6230i without symbian and a small screen size and less apps

and on another

theres 3230 with symbian and a bigger screen size but with some lesser features and lots of apps

What should I do? Please guide me in reaching a conclusion

khandu

In the zone
Dude

Lemme tell u 1 thing.. as i have been an extensive user of cellphones.. i will give u my advice

If u simply dont care about apps and games etc... dosent matter if u go for 3310 too...

but if u care for future proof and games and 1000's of great apps.. there is NO WAY u should choose 6230i

My opinion.. 3230 is way better and safer than 6230i

and what extra features are u talking about???

6230i just has exchangable covers .. and 3230 has real one player ( according to its website )

Then again u got to choose.. u want 16 bit MSDOS mode or u want 32bit Windows :p

V

vishal_bhatia87

Nokia 6230i has the hanging problem in it. Now company picking up all the phones from the market. So wait for the new updated version to come. In now days dont go for it otherwise you will loose your money. Iam using 3230 and it is the excellent phone so go for it. Take a look at price comparison, 3230 comes at less than 15000 rs and 6230i is for above 17000 approx So why you are wasting your money when you can save it. Their is not much difference in the features of these phones. Now choice is yours.

drgrudge

Hmm.. symbian OS also does not mean everything. We got this symbian virus and this apps will piss you off in case you have many apps installed in your phone.

The selection of phone should be purely based on it's merit and features which you look forward in that particular phone. In case i like widescreen then i should go for 7710 instead of 6680, even incase i am able to afford it.

6230i got small screen size but it got a better resolution than other series 40 phones (208 x 208 pixels against 128 x 128 pixels). Features wise also both the phones got almost no difference.

See the advantage of 6230i over 3230:
- compact and sleek (when compared to 3230)
- fast processor (3230 got a slow processor)
- has support for pop-port support (so data-cable can be used)
- Better battery than 3230 or atleast not less than 3230's battery. It got a "BL-5C" type battery which is present in phones like 1108/3315 etc.. so it's better than 3230's "BL-5B" :p
- Got USB "plug and play" port so u can connect to ur USB port of computer. This feature is absent in 3230.
- Better screen resolution compared to 6230i even though it's small.
- Supports more audio formats :D

Now see the advantages of 3230:
- Symbian
- bigger screen
- more games and apps
- Games playing via BT
- Video recording

So it's upto you to decide which one to go for.

As for me, i like symbian OS phones but when it comes to 3230 versus 6230i I would prefer 6230i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom