some changes happened after upgrade of bios,normal or dangerous

sukesh1090

Adam young
Guys i am using asrock G31M-VS2 motherboard,today i updated my bios version from p1.0 to p1.1 after upgradation when i ran cpu-z i saw some changes in memory section.(u can see it in pic.i have added both pics of before upgradation and after upgradation)please tell is it the changes happened are normal or dangerous to my computer?thank you.
sorry for the trouble guys i have already uploaded the pic of before updating in overclock listing thread of topgear.so,i was not able to upload it here.the link for that post is
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/121070-overclock-listing-thread-4.html
(the pic is at the bottom of the page in my first post)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Could you just post both your images here...and label them clearly, with the BIOS numbers above the image.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm not sure whats wrong here. Every thing is fine. almost same as mine. Take a look at mine, it is almost identical.

And if you feel something is wrong.. just write it down.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
here are the pics.In the updated bios pic you can observe the increase in ran latency,clocks....... compared to the pic of non updated bios.i just want to ask are those increase are good for my computer or bad?
and also the v core in bios is decreased.before it was 1.304 and now it is 1.2..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am skeptical to advice anything with sub standard power supplies. If you want, set the clock speed, latency and vdram the same as what is mentioned on the ram sticks.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Oh! I was completely deceived. You did the over clocking didn't you? So, there will be change in FSB: DRAM proportion if you have increased the clocks peed of your CPU. You don't have to worry anything about that.

Its actually like this.. that ratio should be 1:1. That will indicate that there is no bottleneck between your RAM and CPU(thorough which most of the crucial operations will take place)

the ratio is.. your cpu clock speed against half of your ram frequency.

mine is 5:6. which means... 333mzh cpu frequncy/ 400mhz (half of 800mhz) ram frequency. So, there is a li'l bottleneck in CPU end as there is a speed difference.

As you have increased your core speed.. it could have gone up. Not a big issue. If you want to make sure that there is no bottleneck.. then you have to OC your ram too.

To give further assistance, post your ram CPU default clock speed, and OC'ed clockspeeds. and If possible multiplier too.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
AFAIK, running it in 1:1 is the best thing. If one side is higher than the other.. the other might be slightly bottlenecking the performance and visa V

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
cpu normal fsb is 200 and i overclocked it to 220.ram i don't know the default and i have not overclocked it but still rised to 439 and before it was 366.
my question is to make them 1:1 either i have to increase fsb to 439 then my cpu won't melt,it will directly evaporate:shock: or i have to reduce ram to 220 which is i think too low.in most of the comp i have seen it as 3:5 and before mine was also in 3:5 so i think its better to make it 3:5.what you think?thank you.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It is a bit difficult to achieve with your current config. You either have to crank the CPU bus speed to 400mhz which will be a hefty task or you should underclock your DRAM frequency to 200mhz which is not a good sign again. Leave it alone. Get as close as possible. What i'm suggesting is.. don't overclock your Ram Frequency.. but increase your FSB until it is comfortable and leave RAM frequency alone.. It will come close to 1:1 then.

you need not to make it exactly 1:1. Even if you achieve 1:1 ratio, the performance bump will be minimal. Most of them time, you will hardly notice it in the day to day computing. Just make a note that it is there, and what it is for. :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
LOL. There are no FUD tactics. Why should i even bother stating false facts? I am just telling him what i know.

And, btw.. i forgot to say. Welcome to our Forum.

Top Bottom