Some boring bits from my training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm . .I dunno who I am tbh.

I'm a metalhead, so cant discuss too much about music, I'm a musician too, so I'm factually correct most of the time about the music I listen to AND my views about other genres. I just cant change that. I cringe everytime somebody goes "OMGz!!! ATIFs AWZ0M3!! B0LLYW00D r0CKs!!" I really do. Sadly, most of my target crowd belongs to this group.

Sports? I bet LFC_fan, ico, Klaw know I defend my team tooth and nail, hate plastics (who doesn't?) and cricket is as good as dead to me. I cant act as a poser and say "Wow, you saw yesterday's match Chennai vs Royals?" coz I'll be watching EPL or even Bundesliga if given the TV (it's off now)

Being myself got me nowhere in this department. Or maybe my techniche is wrong? :|

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One tip from me - just be yourself. No fakes.

Sometimes just being yourself doesn't work always. If u r introvert, then being urself would only help u hide from world and gals would just overlook u.
U know it happens like this, if a diamond and piece of copper is on the road and diamond is covered mud and copper is clean and shining, its the copper which will attract everyone.

Moral of the story: presentation and communication.

Being myself got me nowhere in this department. Or maybe my techniche is wrong? :|

As from ur comment, presenting urself is 65% achieved. U r overeducated and fall in geek (who always knows something more and better than his friends). Only thing u need to do is change in attitude and attire. Don't be picky and egotistic. Talk to everyone even u can't stand his/her presence.

Let me give you one task, try to talk to one stranger everyday (face to face no in chat rooms). Meet, talk, hi, hello...bas nothing else. Just do this first. U'll improve.

And to tell u d truth, no one here knows how to woo d gals. If trick A worked for someone it is never that it would work for you too.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Err... What I meant by that 'be yourself' comment was, that don't try to act like you're someone else. That surely doesn't mean that if you're the introverted type, you stay in your shell. :p

No, on the contrary, like rhitwick said, talk to people and learn to adapt to various situations. You won't get too many people like yourself around you in your daily routine (applies to most of us here :p). So instead of feeling out of place with people whose tastes are completely different from yours, try to mix up with them, even if that means having to listen to 'Atif is so awesome, i love him!! Eeeeeee!!' types. :D

And try to be humorous. Nothing is a better ice-breaker than a witty one-liner or comment. :D

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Agree with kl@w, just be yourself. It works well with good girls.

For an introvert it takes some time to feel comfortable with someone. So try to keep your conversations to simple hi hello for first few meets. A girl can acknowledge you by observing ur behavior, be honest to her and be a good listener.

Another good advice given by rhitwick is that try to say hi hello to a stranger a day. It really helps building fluency ans confidence. Ok, it might me awkward few times but u will be a pro after few failures. My advice is to practice and practice to make it perfect.

A witty one liner is indeed the road to a long sweet walk. If u r too geeky then just say her name followed by hi with a glow on your face, like as if she is your lifeline. This one did it for me.

And yeah you so hav to nod in affirmative gesture when someone says 'zomg aaaatif!!!'. Its like accomodating someone inside your geekworld but in a sandbox.

Lastly if nothing works then go to UK since geeks are the most sought after guys there :p

So friends i finally got her number in 6th meeting. Though its been a long week time. Had some more chat abt nothingness. Ill take my chances some other time. Ill be more consistent now, atleast a simple hi everytime i see her.

Any moar suggestions. Let me say that these times are the one of the best ones in the boringness of office office.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

And never say i love you or marry me in just few meetings. Its the no. 1 breakup line.

Dont be sentimental. Just dont be the pauper. Another turn off and awkward/embarrasing situation.

Point taken. Start>Sandbox>Mount>Run>Install>Uninstall if unstable :D

It'll be hard to look at any girl (even from same class) and go "Hi!" I guess I'll try my best there. As for Bollywood, I'll put on a Shledon Cooper smile, even if it means going against my principles. :|

@rhitwick
True, I feel I have a certain attitude that's totally different from the rest. I stand out (along with say 3-4 guys out of 20 for eg) due to my tastes and absolutely no tolerance of BS. I guess I need to weaken that stand a little bit, or maybe remove it completely. Hard really, 'coz Metal is the best genre (next to classical and folk) that's ever been known to man.

Thanks guys though, I have to say you've been pretty open about the whole damn thing. Thanks :)

metalfan

Modern Philosopher
Yeah Heavy metal and metal is indeed great genre besides lets kill this thread and make it heavy metal vs hip hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom