Solving a Rubik's Cube

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what is the world's fastest RC time?
5.55 seconds by Mats Valk World Cube Association - Official Results

previous was held by Feliks Zemdegs - 5.66 seconds.

all official results are available here - *worldcubeassociation.org/results/regions.php

sharang.d

Youngling
Can you post a link from where I can buy a good cube? I only got the 30/- one you get from stores(To see if i actually like it). Not smooth at all.. I broke it out of frustration. :evil:
Now i want a good smooth one :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can you post a link from where I can buy a good cube? I only got the 30/- one you get from stores(To see if i actually like it). Not smooth at all.. I broke it out of frustration. :evil:
Now i want a good smooth one :)

I buy only from this site.. free shipping ;) Wholesale Dayan Cube,Guhong/ZhanChi/Lingyun Cube 3x3x3,4x4x4

BTW do some research/review on different cubes(on youtube) , I always recommend Dayan cubes(50 mm ones. but there are different sizes available).

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Well bought a cube 2 weeks ago . When bought it was in solved state . Did a mistake by unsolving it :p . Now i have been trying all these days to solve it with no luck . :pullhair:

open it up, set the pieces again into solved state and carry on.
NOTE : the Cube may get weaker and may even break off dont put excessive pressure while opening and assembling it again

root.king

geek in action
5.55 seconds by Mats Valk World Cube Association - Official Results

previous was held by Feliks Zemdegs - 5.66 seconds.

all official results are available here - World Cube Association - Official Results

hey that's not actually 5sec I think coz they are given by 15 sec to view the cube

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I buy only from this site.. free shipping ;) Wholesale Dayan Cube,Guhong/ZhanChi/Lingyun Cube 3x3x3,4x4x4

BTW do some research/review on different cubes(on youtube) , I always recommend Dayan cubes(50 mm ones. but there are different sizes available).
how is the funskool cube...I think they have paper/sticker attached for color (which is not good),Does dayan cubes also use plastic stickers?

hey that's not actually 5sec I think coz they are given by 15 sec to view the cube

obviously u need some time to analyse...there is also blind folded record

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
There are lots of rules in official competition. one of the rules is that you get 15 seconds to analyze the cube before solving. Clock starts ticking once you remove your hands from the timer.

how is the funskool cube...I think they have paper/sticker attached for color (which is not good),Does dayan cubes also use plastic stickers?

obviously u need some time to analyse...there is also blind folded record
Funskools cubes are okay.. but takes ages to breakin (become smooth), If I get a Funskool cube then I usually mod the cube, by disassembling it, filling the edges, lubricating etc. BTW I have noticed that there are cubes available from other manufacturers (Chinese). I noticed that they have white body.

stickers undergo wear and tear, chipping etc. there are custom stickers/tiles available CUBESMITH - Rubik's Cube Twisty Puzzle Replacement Stickers - Home , I use Dayan stickerless cubes as my main cube for practice. during competitions I use a Dayan black Cube.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
is there category also for using in competitions or can't be used in competitions?
the website...will they ship it in India?
Yes they ship to India for free.

Why is it not allowed?
stickerless cubes are not allowed due to this rule.

3h2) "Stickerless" cubes, and other cubes whose face colours are visible inside the cube, are not permitted.

more info here.. WCA Regulations 2013

sharang.d

Youngling
Okay.. I am not really concerned with competitions for now(or ever).

Can you point me to a good cube from that site? There are just too many to choose from. I basically just need one which I will use for looong and is very smooth(and does not cause frustration :p). I think i'll prefer stickerless.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Okay.. I am not really concerned with competitions for now(or ever).

Can you point me to a good cube from that site? There are just too many to choose from. I basically just need one which I will use for looong and is very smooth(and does not cause frustration :p). I think i'll prefer paperless.
buy the one I have linked post #51..

Top Bottom