[SOLVED] Weird Chrome brower problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarath

iDota
For a few days i.e ever since I installed chrome on my new PC running on Windows 7 I have realised that something is wrong.

The experience kept deteriorating to an extent where now many web sites are unable to function properly. I will state them below:

YOUTUBE: Videos dont load. First day they did. 2nd day just a dark screen. Now this message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." jav is on and flash player is the latest.
So one site down.

FACEBOOK: It is impossible for me to post in FB. Pressing enter doent post but goes to the next line the classical way. Clicking on notifications intead of giving a drop down menu opens another window for notifications.

YAHOO: Again yahoo mail doesnt load on the first try and throws up this message. However on trying further it opens. But eveytime I login I get this message.
Ooops. Yahoo! Mail can't load
Loading Yahoo! Mail failed due to a client side error

You might try going into your firewall settings, and disabling "Ad blocking". If that doesn't work, please contact customer care.

GMAIL: Doesnt load at all. Despite countless refreshes and leaving it to load till eternity.

PHOTOBUCKET: For some reason again the editor didnt load. Also pointing on pics doesnt open the mini menu which I noticed while using IE.

So much for my favourite browser. :(
I have ruled out "trying a different browser" unless its inevitable.

Help!

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: Weird Chrome brower problem

YOUTUBE: Videos dont load. First day they did. 2nd day just a dark screen. Now this message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." jav is on and flash player is the latest.
So one site down.
Sometimes extensions like Adblock causes the Youtube videos to not load. Make sure, that in the settings of Adblock "Block ads inside YouTube videos." is unchecked.

FACEBOOK: It is impossible for me to post in FB. Pressing enter doent post but goes to the next line the classical way. Clicking on notifications intead of giving a drop down menu opens another window for notifications.
In facebook, pressing enter with Shift causes the new line to appear. So, this looks like a keyboard problem. Maybe your Shift key is stuck.

YAHOO: Again yahoo mail doesnt load on the first try and throws up this message. However on trying further it opens. But eveytime I login I get this message.

GMAIL: Doesnt load at all. Despite countless refreshes and leaving it to load till eternity.

PHOTOBUCKET: For some reason again the editor didnt load. Also pointing on pics doesnt open the mini menu which I noticed while using IE.

Maybe your Internet connection is not persistent. Are you using wireless?

So much for my favourite browser. :(
I have ruled out "trying a different browser" unless its inevitable.

Help!

Maybe you should try the similar variant of Chrome, called Chromium. And see if the problem persists.

Personally I too use Chromium. Since it is said to be having the goodness of Chrome minus the Security concerns from Google! :-D

sygeek

Technomancer

^I knew you would say that. Same opinion here, although this isn't a solution to his problem.

@OP: Try the suggestions mentioned by users above.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

For some strange reason the youtube works in incognito mode as told in many other forums online which is weird.

I tried searching for the adblock thing but I dont know where that option is.

I think re installing is the only option now. But incognito works which is weird. And yes I am on wireless using N router and receiver. Everything I have is brand new so no chance of shift key getting stuck (nor does it show the signs of any just in case)

Thanks everyone for your replies

I have tried all possible browsers now and have got used to chrome. I saw how every other browser soon copied the minimalistic design of chrome (maybe bettered it) but nevertheless I am happy with the way chrome is. So I would not like another switch.

But this problem is making me use IE. That feels redundant although I think IE9 is the only 64bit browser right now.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Let us be fair to IE. IE7 was the first browser to get rid of the menu-bar and move important things in the "Tools" menu - pioneer of the minimalistic browser UI. ;) Chrome got rid of the Title bar. ;)

File:Windows Internet Explorer 7 Vista.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

Chrome was like kareena going size zero. Others lost weight but this grabbed eye-balls :)
However lets not get into a browser war here. I used to love the Firefox+ Download It! plugin.

Also looking at the, I cant remember what it was called, but yeah some group trying to hack different browsers in a competition, I think chrome was unhackable or something. So I also feel a little safe when accessing sensitive data like bank passwords etc

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

For some strange reason the youtube works in incognito mode as told in many other forums online which is weird.

I think re installing is the only option now. But incognito works which is weird.

If incognito mode works, then it may be an issue with extensions/plugins. If first day it was working, then something wrong might happen after that. Try to remember.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Try the latest Chrome, may help.
Download Google Chrome 13.0.772.0 Beta - FileHippo.com

Or the latest stable release
Google Chrome - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

P.s: Chrome is acting funny in my pc too from a few days.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!

i had the EXACTLY SAME PROBLEMS! But incognito window worked fine...i uninstalled it and installed a stable Chrome build, now it works fine!
Edit: i was using the latest beta build

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

Umm I re-installed the thing but nothing happened.

So I went to the settings and decided to clear the history cache etc and surprisingly it works all fine now. Why this is happening completely beats me.

However the problem is solved and thanks everyone here for suggestions.

Will change browser the next time this happens.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Good to know your problem is solved. Probably that incognito mode was the clue. Hmmm... I just need to check one of my problematic Firefox installation. Might just be...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Yup, in case of browser 90% chances are problem will be solved if cleared cache. BTW ofcourse depends on the problem itself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom