Software Tester for Fresher

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Is the profile of Software Tester for a fresher good? I will be taught Unix and SQL along with testing specific training. I am in Fidelity Marketing Research, India. Please advice.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Testing jobs are currently very hot in India...I will say that it is a good profile. Depending on your luck (the chances you get and your ability to turn them into your favor) you can easily move to development at later stage of your career... :)

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I am into manual testing and i was searching for testing jobs over the net, i didn't find many. I will be taught QC and my new project will involve simple SQL. What are the prospects that i am looking at outside this organization coz i want to be able to move in or around delhi after spending 12-24 months in this company? I know fidelity is a captive organization, and i dont think testing can be bound to a certain domain, every software requires testing, so can i move to other domains to?

Btw Company name changed to Fidelity Investments.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^wow, u r learning QC. QC has a very good demand in market. Its the best tool to handle manual testing.

If possible try to get ur hands at QTP that is an test automation tool.

QTP+QC+2yrs exp is priceless ;-)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
will i be able to get a lamborghinio gallardo after 1 more year ? Also a date with lisa lobsinger ?

well u can get a lamb named gallardo :p
and u can date any girl and call her Lisa while provided she eats lobster and sings :-D

Abe, QTP+QC+4Yrs guys gets insane salary from some companies like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Lehman bro etc. financial companies mainly, and the package can go till 8 to 9lacks...

Top Bottom