Software needed to calculate website user interface elements

ambika

learnhardy
Hello all , i need an open source software for calculating web links, buttons, text box etc , i mean all external interface of a web based project which user interact with. I need this software for project cost estimation. Thanks.

create one of your own... ;)

just find opening and closing tags of each component... really simple on concept .. a LOT of lines to be written:lol::lol::lol:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i made this script that may help you.
open the webpage you want to audit, paste the code below to the address bar after the web page is fully loaded. I tested it in Google Chrome

javascript:var elts=new Array("tag1","tag2","tag3",....,"tagn"");var n=elts.length;var sum=0;var i;for(i=0;i<n;i++){sum += document.getElementsByTagName(elts).length};alert(sum);

USAGE- in the first line replace the italics part with the name of the HTML tags(in quotes) separated by commas you want to audit. then paste it to the browser Address bar. Eg if you want to count the number of images(img), div and body(ITS JUST FOR EXAMPLE), modify the code as

javascript:var elts=new Array("img","div","body");var n=elts.length;var sum=0;var i;for(i=0;i<n;i++){sum += document.getElementsByTagName(elts).length};alert(sum);

Top Bottom