Software for logging system temprature!

ankushkool

Youngling
I am using Dell Studio 17 with Win7. My laptop powers off whenever i play some heavy games... i think its due to the rise in temp! is there a software that logs the temp so that i can check later. also will it give some warning or something when de temp crosses the threshold so that i dont damage my system.

Thanks

paid

Journeyman
boss the best i am using is *www.diefer.de/i8kfan/

this one controls the fans on desired temperature criteria

Rox

Right off the assembly line
Go to BIOS by Repeating 'F2' when restarting your operating system (might varie, try all fucntion keys if F3 didnt work). Then go to Temperature Control. Lists all temperature data.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
de above are not working for me :( coz my laptop powers off suddenly hence the log are not saved :( what should i do? any software that keeps logging the temp in realtime on hdd???

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
Speed fan is good as it helps u monitor your graphics card temperature.
Also if temp is the problem try using some ATI utilities which helps you control graphic cards fan speed .Keep it to 100% while playing games.So whenever less intensive parts of the game appears the graphic card cools off !!!

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
well i don't use ATI but i have a ZOTAC s/w named firestorm for controlling graphic cards fan speed
so i assume ur graphic cards manufacturer or ATI might have some similar s/w

Gauravs90

geek........
I'm using ubuntu 10.04
Is there any hardware temperature monitoring software available for ubuntu?

I installed xsensors, but its not working. do recommend me one

Huzefa

Journeyman
buddy, get your lappy serviced and cleaned asap... the vents are choked and the thermal glue needs replacement...
and u better hope its under warranty... heating problems with high-end s/w like acad, 3Dstudio, Maya and intensive games on high cpu n gpu usage are known to kill laptops due to excess heat...
Toshiba laptops have a heating issue... and once a problem develops, the lappy will keep on turning off regdless of being serviced... make a claim under warranty then.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Go to BIOS by Repeating 'F2' when restarting your operating system (might varie, try all fucntion keys if F3 didnt work). Then go to Temperature Control. Lists all temperature data.

Not a good way.

Use HWMonitor, or RivaTuner. Post back if you have issues getting correct temperatures.

Top Bottom