Software for bulk image resize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have abt 250 images which is abt 1GB. I need a software which can resize all the images in one go and make the file size smaller, no problem if it changes the resoultion also. Each image is abt 4MB, I need then to be abt 100-200 kb.. I cant do this manually for each and every image.
Thanks

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Irfan View is what you are looking for. Use it's batch processing tool. Choose jpeg as output format and set quality between 65 and 75. Should do the job.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
imagemagick.

*www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

*www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16524.html
There's also mogrify that works same as convert except that it overwrites original file.

Also, there's a PHP script for it *mondaybynoon.com/2007/12/17/crop-and-resize-images-with-gd-or-imagemagick-v11/

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks Pallab and Mehul for the tips .. Infanview did the job.. even though I knew abt irfan view.. I never tried it myself before .. :p

h_kunte

Journeyman
I use a software called "Resize Pictures Plus"... Cool app. Lots of features like batch resizing, facility to add a watermark, etc.

PM me for the download link.

i use "Picture Resize Genius" and "Batch Picture Resizer". both have loads of extra features which u can use like watermark, fill blank areas etc ...

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tried IrfanView and PIXresizer..
the quality of images from IrfanView was not satisfactory so I tried PIXresizer .. 1 GB is now 20 MB :)) ..

Thanks everyone for the help.. My work is done now :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ hmmm... let me take a look again.. may be my sleepy eyes missed that setting :p

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Yeah. Irfan view allows you to chose quality (a value between 0 and 100). For most purposes 65-75 does the job.
Beside the output format, these is a button called options. Use that to set the quality value.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Don't know about you guys but I use XnView, which has got not-all-functions of Irfan-View but is very descent and nice GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom