social networking websites..

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeonethree

Journeyman
i see a lot of people chatting away on social networking websites. the most popular one seems to be orkut. but my personal opinion is that they are a waste of time and to the amazement of my friends i dont have an orkut account.i see people addicted to orkut and people who only use the internet to connect to orkut,what do they gain?.i think its a waste of time and bandwidth. what are your ideas on the topic? i think social networking sites suck.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Am on orkut just to keep in touch with old friends. Ain't addicted or something. Though hate it when my frnds don't reply on messengers coz they are bz scrapping someone.

Pathik

Google Bot
i see a lot of people chatting away on social networking websites. the most popular one seems to be orkut. but my personal opinion is that they are a waste of time and to the amazement of my friends i dont have an orkut account.i see people addicted to orkut and people who only use the internet to connect to orkut,what do they gain?.i think its a waste of time and bandwidth. what are your ideas on the topic? i think social networking sites suck.

Late enlightenment. :|

hell_024

Back on Earth .
A complete waste of time no doubt !:D ..
was addicted to it wen i joined it...but later realised it's Crap!...tho late; enlightenment hua toh sahi lolz ..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@pathik - Not to say Late enlightment. He may be knew to this online world & so it isn't his fault, right? ;)

I too agree social networking is waste of not only time but also bandwith. I have account on Orkut, but just have some limited friends whom I see everyday, so no need to talk via scrap. I like to participate in the Orkut forums though, not the crap name the person above you or so, I mean some active good forums like Linux, Nokia 5700 etc etc...

But still there are only a few members who actively participate there. :(

Pat

Beyond Smart
Well, it is a boon for people like me. I met many Indians in Frankfurt thanks to orkut. If it wasnt for orkut, I would have probably died of loneliness. So according to me, its good for people like me who are away from their family and motherland. Its great to socialize and meet new Indians outside India. +1 to orkut for this thing.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
i have an account on orkut

2 yrs - 400 something scraps

my freinds

6months 5640 something scraps

lol

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Seriously its like there is some competition, I was talking with this frnd of mine and I told her to come over yahoo and she says no scrap me coz I want to increase my scraps, then I see many of my frnds begging me to write them a testi wtf..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^ I have even seen some ppl keeping username like

ABC - Someone write me a testimonial !!!

LOL

Height of Stupidity :))

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
^^^ Those are the best examples of Orkut addiction.

Even I got hooked to it at one point of time.
Thankfully, it's no more an addiction now.

I prefer spending my time on forums like thinkdigit. And even this will stop after next week when I'll move to my hostel.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
It's funny to watch Orkut addicts (you'll find a lot of them. Just look around!) run around to check their scrapbooks every 15 mins or so (the time varies). Freakin' worse than dope addicts!

I mean, don't these people get bored or something? IMHO, if your orkut acct. gets deleted one day (God forbid!), and that causes you to go into depression or something, then you're probably spending more time on it now than needed..

Kenshin

meowww meoww
I had one account, deleted it, now I have a new and its just there :-| , I don't know why I hv kept it, but its just there :D

utsav

damn busy...
Whenever i visit any of my friend girls (not girlfriend :)) )scrapbook i find it flooded with scraps like
I am M-Com holder from Delhi ,kya aap mujhse dosti karengi :neutral: . Seems more like a matrimonial site than a social networking site . Orkut should be renamed as orkut matrimonial :D

karmanya

Journeyman
I never got addicted to those... Used to have a Hi5 account. but got sick of it and deleted it. My friends and my sister are such facebook addicts its hilarious.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I totally hate FB, so many bloody applications. Coz of those stupid applications my pc hangs if I visit a frnd's profile who has like 1000000+ applications installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom