Votes: 32 43.8%
  • I am neutral, mostly.

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

lolz.....u whining about how many cliks to do a job is the funniest thing i have ever heard..like i hardly care if it's 2 or 3

The "Require password...." feature in MacOS X is same as UAC I would say, just that UAC doesn't need u to enter a password, like i said above, & saying it again, Power users who knows how to use their computers & OS will disable it & security centre anyway, those who don't...well, it is meant for their protection, if they don't like it, still they can google it & disable it, no one is stopping them

OK, so basically, if UAC is turned on, it will bug me everytime I want to install some software, download a file, run any executable, change the time, or whenever it feels like popping up and saying hello. And if it is turned off, it will still bug me every half an hour or so, begging me to turn it on

Yup, bugging a new user or noob is better then letting him screw his OS, don't forget the old saying

Intel Inside, Idiot outside :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gxsaurav said:
lolz.....u whining about how many cliks to do a job is the funniest thing i have ever heard..like i hardly care if it's 2 or 3
The number of clicks you need to get things done is the most basic determinant for analysing how intutive an user interface is. And if one operating system gets the job done in three simple clicks and another one requires six clicks and a restart, I don't need to stress which one has a better UI. By saying that I am whining about it and that it is a negligible topic, you are just excusing yourself out of a pervasive flaw in the Windows operating system, lack of intutiveness.

gxsaurav said:
Yup, bugging a new user or noob is better then letting him screw his OS, don't forget the old saying
Why are you dragging this 'new user' into the discussion? Are you a new user? Am I a new user? No. Then is it OK to bug us? I don't think so.
And BTW, how does having to click 'OK' before installing any new software help prevent a person's computer? Since Vista always pops that dialog whenever you want to install ANY application, including those developed by Microsoft itself, the user will never pay attention to it whenever he clicks on an executable. He will simply hit return - and if that software has a virus bundled with it, the user is going to get infected by it, whether there are UAC controls or not and irrespective of whether the guy is a newbie or a seasoned veteran. UAC is total crap and irritating as hell!
And BTW, 'new user' and 'noob' essentially have the same meaning. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom