So my XFX gfx card is going for replacement...

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
BUMP people. Sorry to keep you waiting. Damn Rashi service.

Yeah so I got it today. A Dual Slot Cooler version of the 8800GTS 640MB by XFX in place of my stock XFX 8800GT 512MB :D.

WOW. Why doesnt my 8400gs goes out. 2 years and still runs like new. Worthless piece of trash.
Die b**ch die.
Hehe.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: June 2010

here ya go pulsar.

i hate to break it but they have down graded OP.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I had almost known that he won't get a better card in replacement, rashi was waiting to get the 8800 from somewhere, that's why they kept him waiting. I don't think the people at rashi are going to listen if he says now that he wants the card changed because the previous one was better.
But one thing I could not understand, how is 8800 GTS 512 MB above 8800 GT 512 MB but 8800 GTS 640 MB below it? does the 640 MB version use DDR2?

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I know it's a lesser powerful card.

@aby :- lol dude I am into tech since quite a time and I know how foolish it is to compare gfx cards on basis of their VRAM.

I was just informing you people. I will try to contact them today.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you should not have taken the card in the first place if you knew that it was less powerful. Now replacement will be very difficult.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I still have the box, the CDs... everything. Heck I even have the plastic wrapping. I'll re-pack it and say I never opened it lol.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
WTF... my hardware dealer says that the card he had sent for replacement was a 8600GT. I am like dude I used that card for 2.5 yrs... it was an 8800GT. He is like but I made the bill with 8600GT on it and the Rashi people operate by the bill. So he says I cannot get a better card as the 8800GTS is more powerful than the 8600GT.

WTH ?!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
they are always 1 step ahead of us. After sales service quality is going down continuously for all companies.
When you submitted the damaged card, didn't they give you an acknowledgement mentioning the serial number of the product? Show your original bill with the same serial number and the product as 8800GT 512 MB.
Ultimately what happens is, we get tired of running around & finally think that our time is more precious than the 3-5 FPS we'll lose in our games, so we accept whatever they give. That's why they do things like these.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yes that's the point pulsar_swift. If I had seen the bill, I would have had him changed it at that moment but sadly all my bills goto dad's office directly... so I can't do nothing now. **** you Rashi... I am not buying another XFX card after this.

Top Bottom