So my XFX gfx card is going for replacement...

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Ya, we tend to get a little carried away when we are buying some stuff for our PC and sometimes we don't check the bills.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
slightest mistake and you are gone. now you can't do anything, neither you have the card nor a proper bill. be thankful that they didn't return you an 8600GT 512 MB & settle for what you have, or may be next time you'll end up owning a 9500GT which, they'll say is better than 8600GT

Anyways the performance should not be much lower compared to your previous card

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just report this to Digit service watch. It is high time Rashi was corrected for their cra$ service.

Is your GPU serial number and bill serial number for the VGA same. If it is, it can say 8600Humpty-Dumpty on your bill, they will have to replace what the serial number is on the data base.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yes, of course the serial number can be verified with XFX, but can it be done directly? I mean, without the intervention of rashi peripherals? Doesn't XFX have a service center or helpline where atleast we can call & speak to them directly?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Just report this to Digit service watch. It is high time Rashi was corrected for their cra$ service.

Is your GPU serial number and bill serial number for the VGA same. If it is, it can say 8600Humpty-Dumpty on your bill, they will have to replace what the serial number is on the data base.

He doesnt have the old GPU na, how will it matter if he has the serial number also ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Well then too bad. He should have cleared things out before sending it, knowing his bill had a discrepancy.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yes man and I feel bad. But the 8800GTS ain't bad. Hardly 3-4FPS decrease and after I oc'd it, it's almost the same.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Are you sure about the warranty? generally the warranty continues only till the original product's warranty, replacement doesn't mean you'll get full warranty on the replaced product.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
then you are wrong, warranty is never extended in this manner, your warranty will still expire at the time when the original card's warranty was supposed to expire. What does your new bill say?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
good. then you should one more try in these 3 years :D

:grin::grin::grin:

Are you sure about the warranty? generally the warranty continues only till the original product's warranty, replacement doesn't mean you'll get full warranty on the replaced product.

yup. true.

then you are wrong, warranty is never extended in this manner, your warranty will still expire at the time when the original card's warranty was supposed to expire. What does your new bill say?

Hmm I dunno about that but the box states 3yrs warranty.

cool buddy means if you brought card 2yrs ago & get it replaced. the remaining warranty (1yr) will be applicable even if you get a replacement with a sticker showing 5yrs warranty.

so before the warranty finally applies, just damage your card & ask for a GTX260 from old stock :grin:

Top Bottom