so, how many of you used the windows media player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
runeet said:
dude i know that i should but is there anyother way i just wanna to install and see how it works.
No help but I can give you one vague clue, Windows hates WinRAR. :]

@mihirvashist - No way, it uses the SP2 files :|

zenblue

Broken In
manas said:
What error does it show?

Hi Manas,

when i try to uninstall through add/remove program..it says this will rollback windows media player to previous version...then i click "next"...and it gives me a message that wmp11 uninstalled..so i click OK to come out of there...BUT wmp11 still remains...not uninstalled...

dunno what could be the problem..o btw, i had wmp9 before installing wmp11..

can you help me pls?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try removing it from Windows Components and using your XP Disc/WMP 10 installer to install it again. Btw, how did you have WMP 9 in SP2 ?

tinku dhar

In the zone
zenblue said:
Hi Manas,

when i try to uninstall through add/remove program..it says this will rollback windows media player to previous version...then i click "next"...and it gives me a message that wmp11 uninstalled..so i click OK to come out of there...BUT wmp11 still remains...not uninstalled...

dunno what could be the problem..o btw, i had wmp9 before installing wmp11..

can you help me pls?

well mate .. ,

do REMOVE the WMP9 than ..... there suld not be any WMP ok ....

than re-install .... WMP11 ok ... u suld also have SP2 remember ...

HOPE it Gonna work :)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I love the way it looks sleek and black. I dont research into it much so thats all I know.

ya wmp11 is excellent...more codecs included. nice graphics. nice multimedia management tool. its again free (beta version) so its gr8 to use it instead of wmp10

william

Journeyman
No i am not using it right now would definately like to install that it looks good and as earlier said it is far better that mediaplayer 10.

OP
uttoransen

uttoransen

Broken In
11 !!??? i was happy with the 10

i had system restore turn off, now i install the the 11, i played a mp3, the sound was too good, it's was as sweet as the song i was playing, and then after some time it crashed, the system re-booted, then there was no media player, there was nothing in the entertainment-assecories, where the media player was supposed to be. i could not get the media player 10 installed as the message kept saying that a new version was installed, but it was not, as could not see any media player, and also i could not uninstall it, i was cought badly, i thought that a format is inevitable, but then i reinstalled the media player 11 again, and it's ok till now, though i have got one crash with the media player 11, but it's still there, and every thing is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom