so, how many of you used the windows media player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenblue

Broken In
How do I uninstall WMP 11...I have tried through Add/Remove programs, but it doesnt get uninstalled..

please suggest what to do?
Thanks..

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
zenblue said:
How do I uninstall WMP 11...I have tried through Add/Remove programs, but it doesnt get uninstalled..

please suggest what to do?
Thanks..

What error does it show?

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i have windows xp media center edition and its asking for something rollback update...
what to do??

Venom

Journeyman
deathvirus_me said:
Not good .. the media player library takes ages to refresh ,,...
Yes I guess so too, since I have enabled the picture view it takes some time loading all the album arts (got some 800~ files and 200~ albums/single tracks) But if you disable the visual mode it'd load fast enough.

i have an Athlon 2400+ and more than 3000 files and still it is fast even in pic mode..........i dont know why u r facing long loading of album arts

thadeus

Broken In
spashy said:
i have windows xp media center edition and its asking for something rollback update...
what to do??

You need the rollback update for MCE if you want to install WMP 11. Use windows update (assuming you have an activated legal edition of MCE). Otherwise, search for the rollback update using google. You might find it hosted somewhere.

I find WMP 11 to be a very good update. I still use Winamp to play my music, but I do like WMP 11. Microsoft seems to be learning nowadays.

zero

Broken In
Only person who got hit

Hi folks read the whole post Had to put up a lot of struggle to run WMP 11 on my system and finally could make it run but yea lost my quick launch icons in the battle .... system has made them to be displayed as large as my desktop icons. Though results are good... like the black look of it. But yes one more cribble i installed some hundred skins of WMP but don't anything suitable till now alsways i come back to the same old 'COMPACT' one and these days the FULL view cuz it sure looks great. I still wish to find some good skins for it likethose for winamp. You guys can suggest your fav skins to me and if possible source too...if not then i'll google them. I just don't wan't to keep trying all crap skins. Will sure welcome ur suggestions. Right now I am looking forward to restore my icons in quick launch.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
It gave me quite a few issues. It would sometimes freeze at start-up, although that could be due to plugins. It eats up a lot more memory than WMP10 and was for some reason devouring my CPU time so I had to stop using it. The new Library features are terrific and it's nice to see the iTunes-style Search. I went back to WMP10 when I reinstalled XP a couple of days back but I guess I'll get 11 when they release the final version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom