SO GTA V retail requires a 5GB day 1 update. Rockstar, are you f**king kidding me!??

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Update... Today both Flipkart and gts dispatched my order... Guess now it'll be a race to see who wins

Also, I downloaded a torrent for the retail preload... And rockstar recognized and updated me with the exe... So I guess it'll work

.jRay.

Youngling
Nice. I didn't download the preload. Lets see what happens. GTS still didn't ship it. Hope it does soon.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, its quite sad that DRM has to reach a point where piracy is the easy way out. Let's try to find a way out for the TS...

[MENTION=127228]Confused_user[/MENTION] :

The best way would be to get in touch with a Wifi cyber cafe, and use ultrasurf as adviced here: *support.rockstargames.com/hc/commu...wnload-For-5gb-Day-One-PC-Patch-GTA-V-?page=2

Second alternative would be to delete the problematic file (keep a backup) that some are claiming increases their speed after deletion.

Thirdly, try this link: Index of /sjaak327_mirror/ (I have no idea if it works or not, but this was found on GTA forums.)

But, if you're thinking about torrent, it should exist first of all. A clean torrent, I have no idea if it exists.

Or you can get in touch with your city's gamers and download once for all of you guys. BTW where the hell is this Steelport? India or abroad, I never heard of it.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Clean torrents exist. There were a lot of websites that allowed the game to be preloaded using a official torrent... They're still up.

Steelport is the city saints row 3 is set in

.jRay.

Youngling
Installed GTA V. Download completed without any issues. Had a connection reset once but other than that it was smooth. Getting 220+kbps on my 2mbps connection.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Steelport is the city saints row 3 is set in
LOL :D Got to play Saints Row 3 I guess.

Anyways, I've started talking with my wallet. The moment I detect any BS by a company, I won't purchase the game. Simple. I didn't get Tomb Raider (new one) either.

EA is one such company which learnt the lesson a hard way, but they're still not ending it. Same for Ubisoft. Making users download huge amounts over internet while falsely claiming the game's internet requirements as "256 kbps connection", making things difficult for users, hiding pre release editions from press review, individual tracking DRM, etc, etc. They've done it all. In an ugly way.

The ugliest was Microsoft's Games for Windows Live or something while installing GTA 4.
I fell in a loop of updating again and again. I updated 4-5 times, but it never let me start the game.
Because Games for Windows live had some bug. I ran GTA IV on probably the 6th or 7th day of my purchase.

So why should I purchase GTA 5? You companies can't make me a customer by giving me problems.
I'd rather play at the shops, where shopkeepers arrange these games anyhow and we just enjoy. They might pirate but that's hardly my business, isn't it?

Now, this game can be renamed Grand Theft (of) Data 5GB. :D

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Happy to report that it downloaded at avg 700 kbps. Game seems to have a little memory issues though.... Nkticable stuttering on 4gb ram

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, check out my new wallpaper against this unnecessary wastage of 5GB data and DRM....

There's nothing wrong in what I did below... considering the trouble I got while installing GTA IV.

*i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag255/samarth619/Anti%20DRM_zpsx62z2ags.jpg

Top Bottom