SO GTA V retail requires a 5GB day 1 update. Rockstar, are you f**king kidding me!??

Confused_user

Journeyman
So I'm still waiting for my retail copy of GTA V (Thanks a lot, GamesTheShop), and now i'm hearing at forums, that even after taking ages, R* is NOT delivering the whole game in the retail box, but instead it has a mandatory 5GB patch! *support.rockstargames.com/hc/commu...203273778-gta-v-pc-retail-day-one-patch-size-. So, after selling millons of copies, R* couldn't fork up the cash for a 8th Dvd to include the patch!? Also, users are reporting that the rockstar warehouse bullsh*t that ships with the game is downloading the patch at an avg of 30-40 kbps- and pausing every minute or so. We can only guess what the condition in India may be.

Now my problem is, I don't have a connection at home (where my main pc is) doesn't have a good enough connection to actually download the patch (And I'm sure as hell not going to stay up all night clicking pause and resume) so I'm looking for another way to download the patch. So far the possibilities I've thought about are-

1. Downloading the retail preload torrent , and activating it with my serial
2. Install the game on my laptop, then downloading the patch with my college WiFi, go back home, install in the main PC, overwrite the files with files from my laptop.

What do you guys think? Can any of these two possibly work??

.jRay.

Youngling
This is ridiculous! Lets hope rockstar fixes the issue by 17th and we have good speeds atleast.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Amazon is showing 21st... Actually I initially ordered from Flipkart... But it glitched out and started showing delivery at 2017 so I went ahead and ordered it through amazon as well. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

.jRay.

Youngling
Amazon is showing 21st... Actually I initially ordered from Flipkart... But it glitched out and started showing delivery at 2017 so I went ahead and ordered it through amazon as well. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
Mumbai. I ordered from gts and it shows 17 as release date. I just hope it will reach to me on 18!

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
I dunno why exactly I pre ordered if the game reaches me almost a week late . Also, the copies should already be in India; don't know what gts is doing

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Yeah.. I guess. Can't download through steam though... It slows the whole network down at my hostel... And after a while, I always get kicked out

.jRay.

Youngling
If anyone finds out a link to the torrent or something please post. So i can have it ready by the time my game arrives. Or do we need to download using r* installer only?

Last edited:
Top Bottom