SMS Delivery report related query

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I find that the SMS Delivery Report is not received if the recipient's phone is Off for some time due to which the delivery is delayed. In such case I thought that the delivery report might be received late (when recipient's phone is switched on and active on network and does receive that SMS) but it seems like it’s lost forever. Does anyone have any idea if this is the way it works?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
For good carriers delivery report is instant, Vodafone, AirTel I mean. If someone's phone is off/out of range then SMS delivery report won't come, that's quite normal, but it WILL come as soon as one's phone comes back to active network, again recipients phone has to be on a good network too. Also delivery reports are 3G/2G dependant, if you are on 3G always then delivery reports are late most times (with accurate time stamp though), but on 2G its instantaneous, that's why I always use Intelli3G module.

But if you are on BSNL, Aircel or those kinds, I don't know, I know that BSNL sometimes takes as long as 3 days for the delivery report, and I think the delivery reports self expire in 72 hours anyway, so you might not receive any report in that case at all, sheer class :lol:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
SMS's (including delivery report) remain in network for a particular period only. After certain time you won't get them. Let's just say I sent you a text, but your phone is switched off, and you turn it off at an interval of around 24 hours or so. Chances are highly that you won't receive the message. Doesn't matter whatever carrier you are with.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
... but it WILL come as soon as one's phone comes back to active network,
That's where it did not work as expected and hence I was wondering if this is normal. Recipient phone was back on network within just 30 mins or so.
Thanks for your responses friends.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
SMS's (including delivery report) remain in network for a particular period only. After certain time you won't get them. Let's just say I sent you a text, but your phone is switched off, and you turn it off at an interval of around 24 hours or so. Chances are highly that you won't receive the message. Doesn't matter whatever carrier you are with.

I guess that interval is more than 24 hours or may be 72 hours as [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] mentioned. I myself have received delivery reports after a day.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I guess that interval is more than 24 hours or may be 72 hours as [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] mentioned. I myself have received delivery reports after a day.

Nothing fixed as of my knowledge. Sometimes I have missed delivery reports around 24 hrs. 24 or 72, there isn't any hard & fast rule about it, but yeah it might get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom