SMPS Problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramchand555

Right off the assembly line
haii all..

i m a newbie.

i have been facing prob with smps 4m past 2 weeks. the 3rd one got blown jus today. the 1st two were a frontech 450w and the 3rd one an intex 450w.
its working 5n 4 3 or 4 days and then something is gng wrong.

my sys config : intel dual core 2.6ghz, intel 945 gnt mobo, nvidia 8600GT 256mb ddr3, 2.5 gb ram - 533 mhz, 160 gb sata. my ups is 2 and half yrs old.. replaced the battery 6 months ago. m not much aware of ups stuff... its 500va.

plz, help me out as to whr the prob cld be.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
frontech, intex and zebronics are some examples of crap psus (smps as you call it)- they use sub standard capacitors. Just like your graphic card and processors, power supplies are expensive for a reason. Your lucky that your comp didnt burn out with the power supply 3 times. Read this then you'll get an idea:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88720
Better off with a powersafe/vip/l&c GOLD 500w or if you afford- coolermaster extreme 500/seventeam 400w or better corsair vx450.
Next time dont ever you sub standard power supply if you love your computer and the hard earned money that you have put in it.
Oh yeah, read this- this will inform you how to choose a power supply:
*www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/all-you-need-know-about-choosing-111254.html

Last edited:
OP
V

vikramchand555

Right off the assembly line
thx 4 the info yaar! i get the picture.

but, i have been using them for the past two and half yrs and never faced any prob.

i bought my gfx card 6 months ago and it went on fine with it too.

its is only now tht i m facing tis prob.

doesn UPS have anything to do with it??

shld i stop using the system until i get a good PSU???

plz help me ppl. m confused.

Tiger

Bot
First of all this is summer current fluctuation is a big fu**ing prob now though you have an UPS the current fluctua will have greater effect on PSUs get a nice PSU until that dont throttle the system that would save it from great dangers..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Get a better power supply and get your ups checked by a proper technician preferably from the place you bought this ups from. Nothing to be confused about. If you use any sub standard psu again then God bless your rig.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^how important is buying a ups?? i mean i havent used one for 7 years now.....

yep. Having good voltage stabilizer is enough if there is no loss of power in your region. I have crappy UPS that I am using for the past year or so and though it has full charge, it never switches automatically to DC on power loss. My system turns off and I have turn it back on. :)

It's like having a costly spike buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom