SMPS problem or other probelm????...Help me plz much worried!!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja1234

Right off the assembly line
My sys config :: Quad core processor , Intel Classic series DG33FB mother board , 2 GB RAM , 160 GB SATA HD , XFX Geforce 9800GTX Graphics card....500VA APC UPS , 600 Watts CIRCLE Smps..

I face random restart problems.Sometimes the computer restrts in an hour, sometimes in a day , sometimes within few seconds..But once it restrts , the frequency of further restrts are more...Some SPARK sound(little not much sound) is coming out from my PSU and it is restarting....Actually everythin was fine for 2 months aftr I purchased Graphics card and PSU...But then I faced these problems....I replaced my PSU and my new PSU worked well for 1 month and now again it is giving the same problem..If I goto the vendor he tells tat the problem is with ur computer.....I checked my RAM , Processor .....no problems at all......

My SMPS gives sound(spark sound) even if I dont connect it with my computer ie (just connectin it to the mains alone...the fan won't run I know)Still it produces the spark sound....
and one more observation is tat if I tilt my PSU or shake it produces the sound nd it restrts,,....

PLZ PLZ PLZ temme wats the real problem....I'm very much worried...Actually I myself assembled the system....So I've to find out the bugs!!!!!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There are consequences to use a substandard power supply- its inevitable. More sophisticated a tech goes- so does a power supply which is also inevitable. Its purely an error on your end. Dont get me wrong but take it as a lesson learnt via experience. I made a guide here and put on all Indian tech forums I know of but unfortunately its not being put to a good use on digit forums:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1016040&postcount=1
Before you start that computer do yourself (and people who live with you) a favour and make efforts to make a decent psu before someone get hurt. A blown system will be the last thing to worry about. I am pretty sure any Tom, Dick and Harry who is using a pc and can hear a crackling sound from the psu will have the first instincts to turn it off and throw the psu away- or NOT atleast play "the mad scientist" and tilting the psu or shaking it. Take it offensively if you want, but the system can blow up if you are not careful. Who in their sane mind will shake a psu which is allready making a sparking sound? Why cant a guy spending so much money on GC like 9800GTX can buy a good psu? Heck why cant a person who has the internet and money to buy quad core and 9800gtx google for reviews and advice? Why are some people are pretty thick headed when making a decent investment in a product which is support to supply good power and protect his/her system at the same time whenever its on? Has the art of googling become so difficult? Its as silly as buying a uber expensive sportscar and using substandard tyres and fuel. Cant afford an equally good power supply- dont invest in a PC in the first place!!
Now the problem arrives even when you change the power supply- it *might* have damaged certain components- rams, motherboard, hard drives, etc. because of the previous power supply. UPS is something which I dont know of since I dont use them nor I have the need to get them. But in any case for your safety either get a good psu or else dont a standard desktop from Dell/ acer/ HP- OEMs arent my ideal choice and far from being a decent gaming pc but it sure is much better than hearing crackling sound?

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
You have made the same thread three times. Making three thread with same question will make matter worse for you in the forum.:x:x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom