Smartphone under 35k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
1. Budget? 35k INR Max. Can't extend further.
2. Display type and size? 4+". AMOLED
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? Open to all brands. But, Samsung has better service centre in my place of stay.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Capcitive Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. 5MP or 8MP, AutoFocus, Flash, Front Facing Camera, FullHD Video Recording
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash, GPS, Swype
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Multimedia, Camera, Internet, Gaming, Messaging
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Samsung Galaxy S2/S3, Galaxy Nexus
12. Any other info that you want to share. I am planning to buy a phone by Q2 of 2012. So, I can wait for upcoming phones. Dual/Quad Core processor is preferred. It should have ICS on board or an upgrade to ICS should be available

I've used my friend's Galaxy Note for two days. It gets heated quickly and battery drains so often. It lasted for only 4 hrs on my usage. So, Don't suggest Galaxy Note. The Audio Quality is also disappointing. Moreover, It looks too big in my hand. I want to if these problems are in SGS2 also. I hope SGS3, which is rumored to be launched on Q1 of 2012, will have all the features i need. But, What about the pricing, battery and audio quality? Will SGS2/SGS3 support all the videos formats of all resolution like the Galaxy Note?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Since Q2 next year donot buy Note. Wait for Google Nexus Prime.
Would have been better when you would buy a phone. I am almost sure a lot more new flagship phones for your budget will be out by then.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want to buy now then HTC Sensation XE or Samsung Note.
For Q2 we will wait for the new launches and then will give u suggestions :)

S

siddhipatel

If you want windows phone then you can go with Nokia Lumia 800 or 710, otherwise you can have galaxy S2. Another options are Samsung Galaxy R, HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio, HTC Rhyme.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Since Q2 next year donot buy Note. Wait for Google Nexus Prime.
Would have been better when you would buy a phone. I am almost sure a lot more new flagship phones for your budget will be out by then.

I didn't say, "I am planning to buy Galaxy Note".
I said, "Don't suggest Galaxy Note. Because, I had a bitter experience with it"

What about Galaxy Nexus?
GS2 stock video player supports all sorts of video formats.

The Galaxy Nexus is a bit overpriced for its hardware like only 5MP rear camera. It would have been nice if the price was around 25k to 28k.

SGS2 is a bit old now. Samsung would surely launch the SGS3 by 2012. If it is not going to launch SGS3 before Q2 of 2011, I would have to go SGS2 or Galaxy Nexus or any other.

If you want to buy now then HTC Sensation XE or Samsung Note.
For Q2 we will wait for the new launches and then will give u suggestions :)

I read in a review that the screen's outdoor performance is too poor in HTC Sensation XE. Is it true?

Anyway, Thanks for your reply guys.

Will SGS3 be launched before Q2 0f 2012?

Will the price of iPhone 4S come down after the launch of iPhone 5?

red dragon

Master troll
No point speculating about gs3 or ip5 now.
For your budget people can recommend phones which are available NOW.
And at present you have 3 options
1.Note
2.galaxy nexus
3.razr(it DOES NOT look that great in reality)
Sensation XE has terrible battery life.
The sense U.I thing is a power guzzler.
I too have used Note extensively for 2-3 days...battery back up is definitely better than stock GS2 and it does not get abnormally hot under moderate to high stress.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@red dragon
Note really is not a good phone considering what the Galaxy S3 specs are.
Better not remain ignorant. Read this :wink:
Rumours Galaxy S III coming in Feb - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Looks like Galaxy S3 has a launch date :D

Chainsaw

Team Digit
If you are looking for pure performance, the Galaxy S2 is still the best out there, especially at the price point (27K). Samsung note is faster, but you had a bad experience.
For next gen specs in terms of screen size, resolution, looks etc. The Motorola Razr looks good.

Frankly, this might not be the best time to buy a new high-end phone. With a budget like yours, i'd wait for the next wave of high-end phones.

The iPhone 4s is not worth the price, IMHO.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Come on Be a bit lenient and go for the iPhone.
I am sure you will never regret it.:-o

The people who donot know phones like Nexus Prime or Galaxy s3 exists will love the iPhone 4s. And a week later when they come to know about the flagship Android phones they will go :banghead:

red dragon

Master troll
@red dragon
Note really is not a good phone considering what the Galaxy S3 specs are.
Better not remain ignorant. Read this :wink:
Rumours Galaxy S III coming in Feb - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Looks like Galaxy S3 has a launch date :D
Sire,
With all due respect,the launch date will be confirmed only after MWC 2012(mid Feb)and the phone will hit the market at least after another month or so(mid March or early April)
What is the point suggesting a phone whose specs are all rumor based and will be releasing in April 2012?
I have used Note extensively...it is just brilliant...like gs2 on steroids.
Obviously GS3 will be much more powerful than it,but that is not the point.
Regarding ignorance,I can p.m you better links about GS3 leaks and rumors;)

The people who donot know phones like Nexus Prime or Galaxy s3 exists will love the iPhone 4s. And a week later when they come to know about the flagship Android phones they will go :banghead:
Not really.
Many people have bought 4s,fully knowing about Galaxy Nexus and the alikes.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Here is my opinion...

1. Galaxy Nexus

My kinda phone... Powerful hardware, but not top of the line... Its USP is its cutting edge software... The phone which will always be first in line for the latest and greatest of Google's updates, as well as a darling of XDA Devs...

2. iPhone 4S

Decent phone. I would buy one for my father. Excellent ecosystem, excellent hardware, good apps and games... But its not exciting... Very boring... If you want to play it safe, want an easy to use and powerful phone which just works out of the box, and don't care much about customizing your phone, then get this brick...

3. Samsung Galaxy S2

The most powerful Android phone out there... better performance than Galaxy Note for some reason... Lots of custom ROMs... but have to wait ages for updates, Also, I hate TouchWiz with a passion... Its ugly as hell...

Other Phones

Galaxy Note -- Too large... its a phablet... Phone + Tablet. If its your game, buy it.
Droid Razr -- Absolutely pathetic screen. Its so sad. A total waste
HTC Sensation XE -- Bad battery life, but otherwise excellent phone in every way...

Think about it... ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
red dragon said:
What is the point suggesting a phone
whose specs are all rumor based and
will be releasing in April 2012?
Friend, OP will be buying phone only in Q2 2012 not tommorow. So a phone launching at that time which will have next gen specs almost double the present hardware is a better buy any day than most present day phones.
No more fighting :)

andro

Broken In
Using the Galaxy Note from past month,apart from the dimension issue (although perfect for my big handz),it dosent have the problems u told,battery life is among the very best of Droidz,sound quality is fine...although I am running a custom rom from day one so may be these issues are with stock roms...But if u want to have an android,root is a must to enjoy the phone oderwise iPhone is the best option.

red dragon

Master troll
^^So this thread is pretty much pointless,ain`t it?
I was not fighting bro,anyways peace!

Here is my opinion...

1. Galaxy Nexus

My kinda phone... Powerful hardware, but not top of the line... Its USP is its cutting edge software... The phone which will always be first in line for the latest and greatest of Google's updates, as well as a darling of XDA Devs...

2. iPhone 4S

Decent phone. I would buy one for my father. Excellent ecosystem, excellent hardware, good apps and games... But its not exciting... Very boring... If you want to play it safe, want an easy to use and powerful phone which just works out of the box, and don't care much about customizing your phone, then get this brick...

3. Samsung Galaxy S2

The most powerful Android phone out there... better performance than Galaxy Note for some reason... Lots of custom ROMs... but have to wait ages for updates, Also, I hate TouchWiz with a passion... Its ugly as hell...

Other Phones

Galaxy Note -- Too large... its a phablet... Phone + Tablet. If its your game, buy it.
Droid Razr -- Absolutely pathetic screen. Its so sad. A total waste
HTC Sensation XE -- Bad battery life, but otherwise excellent phone in every way...

Think about it... ;)
I bet you have not used any of them.
1.4s is not boring at all.Once jailbroken it will be able to do almost everything a droid can.
The camera is brilliant,so is the display(it is small,but some people like it that way,I do not)
Of course you can not install custom ROM in it,but that does not make it less exciting(infact changing ROM,switching kernel for the best battery life can be boring after a few days.)

2.GS2 is powerful than Note only on papers and those utter rubbish synthetic benchmarks.
At present I have both of them..and the Note feels slightly faster..and the battery is definitely better than GS2.
Getting rid of TW is not really difficult for both.

3.Nothing is wrong with the razr display when you actually see it(yes,I have read those issues about the screen,the green hue etc..but in reality they either not visible with normal eyes or my friend somehow got one with a perfect screen)
BUT certain things are not right with it..once you see it you will realize it is not that goodlooking as seen in photos,may be a little too wide..worst thing about it is the battery life.Really bad,and the battery is not removable,so forget extended batteries.

Have not used sensation XE,but the original sensation`s battery was very bad(the over-hyped garbage called sense u.i is the culprit as always)
Not used(or even seen)the mighty Galaxy Nexus yet.Waiting eagerly though.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ @red dragon,

Why do you insult Android by calling it a droid? Droid is a verizon and motorola brand. Android is an Operating System.

You are right, I do not own most of the phones I have listed. I have handled an iPhone 4, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note for a little bit of time though...

A jailbroken iOS device still cannot do all things a cheap Android phone can do out of the box... You own Android devices... You know about it all...

I generally get all my tech news from The Verge, Engadget and Ars Technica. I trust these people's judgement when it comes to gadgets and technology. And when they say Razr has a bad screen, or that Atrix is a terrible phone, I have to agree...

red dragon

Master troll
Now atrix is a terrible phone!!!Why?Pentile matrix?
Sorry for the droid thing...yes,I know Android is an o.s.
And out of the box most Android phones sucks.
They do not even come close to a iphone out of the box.

Last edited:
OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Why are you guys fighting? I am going buy it only on Q2 of 2012. Not Now. So, Stop Fighting. I will wait for the new launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom