Smartphone buying advice --budget between 25k to 36k

Smartphone for a teenage,reckless user,no service centre of HTC in his city-but likes thier phones

• Total voters

Airecho

Broken In
Well I looked few places but i wil not be satisfied until i ask the pros. I narrowed the search to HTC one X+/Xperia Z/Note 2/Lumia 800 and 920. Please help me......Fast!!!!!:cry:

aroraanant

Explorer
If you are not much into apps and want good battery back up then get a Widnows phone, and it would be better you opt for Lumia 820 instead of 800. And I don't think it is a good idea to invest such a huge amount in a windows phone i.e. 920, but still if your budget allows you can get it, it is a good phone.
One X+ is a good phone for around 28-28.5k, Xperia Z is now available for 34k, and note 2 is also available for the same price to that of Z, I love the S-Pen feature as I find very much useful plus performance wise the phone is great.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
If you are not much into apps and want good battery back up then get a Widnows phone, and it would be better you opt for Lumia 820 instead of 800. And I don't think it is a good idea to invest such a huge amount in a windows phone i.e. 920, but still if your budget allows you can get it, it is a good phone.
One X+ is a good phone for around 28-28.5k, Xperia Z is now available for 34k, and note 2 is also available for the same price to that of Z, I love the S-Pen feature as I find very much useful plus performance wise the phone is great.

Xperia Z for 34 k ???? where ???

OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
Well there are no HTC service centre in my city (Akola) also I hear that Xperia is not durable plus I am into apps and all Samsung phone looks alike and I a surrounded by 6 of them.
That's all i know about these phones so i need someone very precise as it really will lose my pocket.....Guyz u are the pros plzzzz.......Help me..I got 3 hr window starting from now for the purchase AND also do you recommend buying from ebay etc. as they sure are giving one hell of an offer.....plz do reply.

OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
Airecho, What are your priorities? Fill this first..

1. Budget?-------------------------------------35k max
2. Display type and size?-----------------------Big screen 4.5"min
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?----------------bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?-------------------I want HTC but there are no service centre near my city,my least favourite is samsung but if Thats it then i am very flexible in this context
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)--------not a barrier.
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.--------------------Camera was never a prerequisite as i am sure my range will save me from that thought
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).-----------------------------Android,w8,iphone
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.----------------------3G
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?---------------------------------------Well hear any ans i provide will be blurry so excuse me for this
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?-------------------------Multimedia most,Internet,Gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?-------------------------I gave my list above
12. Any other info that you want to share------------------------------Just awnser me fast

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
Well if u have a budget of 35k then these r ur options..
iPhone4s 32gb--34k( basically not much of a difference compared to iPhone5 except looks and hardware but again if u can stretch ur budget then u can get iPhone5 for 41k on ebay deals!
xperia z/zl-- both r basically same but zl has infrared blaster and a physical camera button..zl not water proof..zl has a better screen than z as per many reviews----z-34-35k and zl-31-32k
lg optimus g-30-32k
lumia 920--one of the best cameraphone around after pureview but clearly overpriced,if u get it for 33k then maybe its fine but stil overpriced
lumia 820 sibling of 920 with similiar hardware, loses out on the outstanding camera of 920 and not a very good battery backup!

Last edited:
OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
GUYZ .............With all due respect................I know what options I have ..............All I want from you is the final verdict...........In all my posts I have tried to add something that you might be neeeding for the correct awnswer so let me also add:-
I am a student
I do some reckless use of my phone
Last I had a Nokia 5233 (2 yrs earlier) after that till now I was without a phone.....That Explains my restlessness

So plz give the verdict ALL of you in your opinion with the goodd and bad abt the phone you recommednd also some comments from those mobile users will be helpfull.........I am totally counting on you guyz.....Plz help the clock's ticking

OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
Get Xperia ZL for 31K VFM phone in that price range
Ihave been told it is not durable...........also to be on the safer side did u read my earler posts......There arn't many....so give it a try ..........IF not then sorry....Anyway
THANX PAL

Others too plz help this poor kid

aroraanant

Explorer
Just a couple for days back it was available at shopclues for around 34.5k.
Right now it is available at tradus for 34.7k

OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
Well looks Like no one has shown an interst on Note 2 or Lumia 920 so they are out of question.............Now respected recommenders would u all be kind enough to explain me why u reccommend your respective models....a user review will be most obliged...All i can tell till now is THANX.....Truley before this Thread I didnt bileive in digit or any forums but well u can't always be correct....Thankx and plz help me i am Online till 11 PM so till then I am all yours...:-D

aroraanant

Explorer
Well I already told you 920 is too costly to invest in.
And Note 2 is really a good phone, the best phone from Samsung according to me.

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
I dont know in which market are u still getting zl for 34-35k..
i live in delhi and i asked around in noida market they were giving it for 32k..and this is more than a week back...
i beleive tht our friend is from akola and i know the prices in nagpur are not the same as in delhi..so it is highly possible that they r still selling for 35 k..mrp price.. In that case i will auggest op to look for eby deals..last i checked they were giving zl for 32k and z for 34.5k

i will say that keeping in mind op's req i will suggest him to go for iphone4s/5 and a durable bumper..lets face it no phone is so durable but with a good bumper cover it can be(btw i hve been using my fon for almost 2nd half year and i m a heavy user and its still going strong so thats why i feel that iPhone will suit op better)

OP
A

Airecho

Broken In
I dont know in which market are u still getting zl for 34-35k..
i live in delhi and i asked around in noida market they were giving it for 32k..and this is more than a week back...
i beleive tht our friend is from akola and i know the prices in nagpur are not the same as in delhi..so it is highly possible that they r still selling for 35 k..mrp price.. In that case i will auggest op to look for eby deals..last i checked they were giving zl for 32k and z for 34.5k

i will say that keeping in mind op's req i will suggest him to go for iphone4s/5 and a durable bumper..lets face it no phone is so durable but with a good bumper cover it can be(btw i hve been using my fon for almost 2nd half year and i m a heavy user and its still going strong so thats why i feel that iPhone will suit op better)
Then ........For argument sake (although I phone was never in my list .......Which I phone would u suggest...keeping in mind my range

Well I already told you 920 is too costly to invest in.
And Note 2 is really a good phone, the best phone from Samsung according to me.

That's the problem dude I know it is best but there are just too many samsungs infront of my eye..............to give u feel of my statement let me tell you in the past 10 mins i have seen a Note, Galaxy Y duos, Grand and Monte.............To be true no matter how costly all Samsung phones look the same to me....

You can help me by convincing me to buy Note 2 even after knowing all this......If you want to plz question my reasoning....THANX anyway

Top Bottom