Broken In
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
Best suitable
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Apple
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Need the best possible in this price
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
iOS
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
All
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Gaming and Entertainment
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? iPhone 4S
12. Any other info that you want to share.
m a Fan of Apple !

napster007

Padawan
51k is an overkill.... IMO no phone exists in the market as of now for that range. The max you could spend is upto 35K.

Get the moto razr droid/galaxy S2/ htc incredible S.

Or wait for LG's optimus 4X/ HTC oneX

khmadhu

change is constant!!
51k!!. not necessary, as napster007 said.. better wait for LG's optimus 4X/ HTC oneX . if u really concerned about speed and performance!.

Last edited:
OP
A

arora.prafull

Broken In
@all ..
mainly I wanted to ask that iPhone 4S 32 Gigs is suitable or not ..

Android is rubbish .. I used it. htc sensation and galaxy S2 latest one. and currently I have incredible S.

android is really rubbish guys !!

why don't you suggest iOS to others ?

napster007

Padawan
@arora.prafull : First off android is not "rubbish". It might be your opinion but then opinions are often proven wrong.

Anyway, as khmadhu has already stated, there is only one phone in production to meet your budget which is the 4S. And no doubt it is indeed a good phone, but it is a really good phone for about 25k! Half the price it sells for. For 52k which it is currently selling, the iPhone my friend is pure garbage! and nothing more. Why would anyone on this planet want to shell out that amount for a minuscule 3.5" screen...??? One has to be either stupid or style and fashion conscious....

Anyway... to waste your money or not... its completely upto you... TDF members only make suggestions. :)

Kuddos!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Android is rubbish .. I used it. htc sensation and galaxy S2 latest one. and currently I have incredible S.

whats the point of this thread? if you already own an Android and call it rubbish, get iPhone 4S 64Gb (if its available here).

firstly not everyone have such deep pockets to spend on mobiles. secondly, peoples buy mobiles to use and not to showoff. Lastly, iPhone (not iOS) is rubbish.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
whats the point of this thread? if you already own an Android and call it rubbish, get iPhone 4S 64Gb (if its available here).

firstly not everyone have such deep pockets to spend on mobiles. secondly, peoples buy mobiles to use and not to showoff. Lastly, iPhone (not iOS) is rubbish.

I totally agree. I have used iPhone 2G from its launch, iPhone 3gs for 1 year, and iPhone 4 and 4s ( I jailbreak iphones, thats my favourite pastime, and i'm pretty famous in my school for doing that :cool: ). All i can say is, iOS is the worst thing ever made, atleast for people like us, who always lurk around to explore new possibilities with our stuff. iOS is for those people who are totally new to this mobile world and don't know much about using advanced features and customization ( like my dad for example, who needs everything readily available in his hands, like the phone icon, message icon, etc. ) . On the other hand, android offers variety of customization and a large community driven feature set because it being open source.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Ios is not so bad,Ios is smooth.Apple app store is much safer than andriods app store.
But yeah,Android wins in customization withouth jailbreaking(I.e needed in ios to customize)

tkin

Back to school!!
iOS is good, maybe better than android in terms of optimizations but boy oh boy, iphone is cr@p, first the antenna issue, then cracked back panels, and now ugly price(51k, are you f'n me???)

R2K

In the Zone
@serpent16
What do you mean by apple App store being more safe than android market?

Me too agree that iphones are really overpriced. And of all the people I know most of them brought it only because it is like a premium product which helps them to show off their lifestyle.

And pardon me if I'm being rude here but I think its plain stupidity to spend that kinda money on just a phone which might get obsolete in less than a year

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Seeing that you prefer iOS and want gaming and entertainment as mentioned in first post, just get a iPhone 4s :wink:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
First of all, we are going really offtopic, but still, as the OP needs just justification, ill go ahead.

^^ Ios is not so bad,Ios is smooth.Apple app store is much safer than andriods app store.
But yeah,Android wins in customization withouth jailbreaking(I.e needed in ios to customize)

Yes, to some extent the Apple App Store is better because of its high expectations from an app, it doesn't simply let any app to get in there. Also, apps from Apple App store are gaurateed to be working which is not the case in Android Market.

@serpent16
What do you mean by apple App store being more safe than android market?

Me too agree that iphones are really overpriced. And of all the people I know most of them brought it only because it is like a premium product which helps them to show off their lifestyle.

And pardon me if I'm being rude here but I think its plain stupidity to spend that kinda money on just a phone which might get obsolete in less than a year

indeed it is. I think the asker is pretty new to this mobile world or just trolling around.

aroraanant

Explorer
@all ..
Its a great phone, even 16GB is enough but if you think you need 32GB then its upto you.

Why you think Android is rubbish?
It is a very good OS,I know its not as smooth as iOS but its really good and it offers a lot of customization options(which is there in iOS but for that you need to jailbreak it).
Even I am using Incredible S and have used a lot of other phones like you did.And here on TDF every other guy has an android phone.
Please tell us why you hate android so much

Coz its only there in iphone and everybody can't afford it.Simple as that

If you think android is rubbish then you have got only one option i.e. iphone 4S.
Otherwise you can also look out for the upcoming phone HTC One X

khmadhu

change is constant!!
IMO: apple always overpriced!and silently its stealing money from rich people that they hardly notice!.

OP
A

arora.prafull

Broken In
I didn't read all the replies, Why there is any need of sending offensive replies mates ??

this tKin guy wants to hit me, I guess !!

aroraanant's reply is good .. !

and all of above guys .. who so ever think that iphones are extremely ugly in prices ..!!
sit back down !! It's not for indians ..
you might also know that iPhone in US is 200 $ (on contract) !
and it is made for those only have heavy pockets ..
an android can come now a days even in 3000 bucks .. huh.. (I guess I wrote some high price :-D )
--
I agree that Apple is highpriced BUT they provide the quality.

We all know the fact that what we can't afford .. we always critisize it ..
Isn't it ?

Android have rubbish apps .. that's y I hate it.
It ruined my S2.
--

And ya ! android have lots of customization .. So do iPhone !
they both have different !

But seriously, you also have to agree that android apps slows down the mobile. aren't they ?
iPhone or iOS is smoother that android !

one of my friend also says that apple is not good ..
Why most of Indians hate that ? Answer I already given .. OVERPRICED .. haha !!

---

There is no need to continue this iOS vs. Android !
--

@thetechfreak
Yeah Man ! I'm going for that only ;-)

----

I want to know that why the 16 GB is enough ?
I was thinking to buy 16 GB only, but than when I came to know that there are some HD games which are nearly about 1 GB in size.
so I thought to go for 32 GB.

what do you say ?
which are those large sized games ?

red dragon

Master troll
@all ..

Any phone which costs 51k is actually rubbish.
And those who buy it are politely called stupid with a big capital S.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@thetechfreak
Yeah Man ! I'm going for that only ;-)

----

I want to know that why the 16 GB is enough ?
I was thinking to buy 16 GB only, but than when I came to know that there are some HD games which are nearly about 1 GB in size.
so I thought to go for 32 GB.

what do you say ?
which are those large sized games ?

lets get back to the required topic now. OP has said he'll go for iPhone 4S so no more comparing Android & iOS. iPhone is terribly overpriced we all know and that should end the iPhone vs Android debate.

iPhone 32Gb makes more sense. price difference is not that high and also futureproof in the sense that it carries more internal memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom