Small Wonders, Utilities That Can Fit In Floppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1. Resource Hacker

Code:
Resource Hacker is a freeware utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res). It incorporates an internal resource script compiler and decompiler and works on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP operating systems.

D/l Resource Hacker

2. KLox

Code:
U can use KLox to display a good looking Clock on desktop.

D/l Klox

3. Boot XP

Code:
Boot XP is used to change the Default Boot Screen of Windows XP. U cab change it with any of ur favorite Wallpaper.

D/l Boot XP

4. Microangelo

Code:
Microangelo is used to edit the Icons.

D/l Microangelo

5. Hex Editor

Code:
Hex Editor is used to edit EXE, Dll & other files in HEX format.

D/l Hex Editor

6. Clearer Type

Code:
Clearer Type is used to set the contrast of fonts in Clear Type display. By default Windows XP sets the contrast too high that fonts r looked very ugly. U can change the contrast with the help of this tiny s/w.

D/l Clearer Type

7. File Spiltters

Code:
I'm attaching two File splitters (HJSplit, JASP). Both r gr8. U can use them to split the files, that r larger than the floppy size so that u can store them in more than 1 floppy, And u can also join them while restorin them on PC with the help of these s/w.

D/l Two File Splitters

8. Revelation

Code:
Its a gr8 s/w. It is used to show the hidden password (Asteriscs) in Text boxes.

D/l Revelation

9. Read NTFS

Code:
U can access the NTFS partition in a FAT partition with the help of this gr8 DOS based utility.

D/l Read NTFS

10. PC Inspector

Code:
Hv u deleted a necessary file from recycle Bin? Don't worry, with the help of this s/w u can retreive the files, that u hv permanently deleted from Recycle bin.

D/l PC Inspector

11. XOSL

Code:
XOSL is a type of Boot Loader. U can use it to dual boot ur system.

D/l XOSL

So ENJOY!!! :D

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
sorry 4 that, as i mentioned in one of my post that its very confusing to find the suitable sub-forum here.
But don't be angry as i'll get familiar very soon.
And mods can move the topics to right section.
I think thats the job of mods.
take care...

infohardik

Broken In
man this is really good ppl join in and put ur online search items here.
i never thought tat i can access NTFS from fat32 sys.gr8 :idea:

:arrow: :arrow:

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK... :D

6 More gr8 Utilities!

1. Dochrana

Code:
Its a gr8 s/w to force the users of Win98 to enter username & password to log on the system! Generally we can hit <ESC> key or click on <Cancel> button to avoid this but this s/w doesnt allow it.

D/l Dochrana

2. eXeScope

Code:
Its also a utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources, like Resource Hacker, but it can also edit 16-bit files.

D/l eXeScope

3. UltraISO

Code:
It is used to open an ISO image file. U can cut, copy, delete any file in the image using this s/w.

D/l UltraISO

4. VCD Cutter

Code:
Its a gr8 s/w to cut any part of a movie.

D/l VCD Cutter

5. XPLite

Code:
U can remove many unnecessary applications in Windows XP with the help of this s/w, that u can't remove with Add/Remove Programs.

D/l XPLite

6. 7-Zip

Code:
Its a gr8 free s/w to open many Compressed format files, like ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ZIP, GZIP, TAR, BZIP2, RAR, CAB, ARJ, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, SPLIT, Z.

D/l 7-Zip

LAGE RAHO!!!

swatkat

Technomancer
I always keep Ranish Partition Manager in a Floppy, it's one helluva partitioning tool and free too.
And, here's the link to Piky Basket.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
How come UltraISO and Microangelo fit on a floppy. Are they very old versions? Please explain. I cannot download them as I currently in Sify iWay Cafe so I cannot test them.

Dipen01

Youngling
swatkat said:
I always keep Ranish Partition Manager in a Floppy, it's one helluva partitioning tool and free too.
And, here's the link to Piky Basket.

I dont know how to use Ranish Partition Manager... tried couple of times.. but didnt understood so avoided a risk.
Can anyone post a clear tut on how to use it.. may be swatkat can do..

Dipen

theraven

Technomancer
besides most of those software arent small enuff to fit on floppy
kinda defeats the purposed of the topic/thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom