Small red lined patches on the sides of the LED TV

srdigit16

In the zone
What's the reason for red lined patches the ones marked in the attached image? Top portion left side also it is there
IMG_20230106_071726.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-01-06-19h52m10s187.png
vlcsnap-2023-01-06-19h52m15s728.png

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
We need to manually type h t t p s : // + {url}(without space) in browser's address bar to see the screenshot. Is this how everyone doing now?
All http strings are converted to *

maheshn

Journeyman
It might be backlight bleeding, which does happen with lcd/led monitors

some general knowledge *www.displayninja.com/what-is-backlight-bleed/

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have not heard of red colored backlight bleeding.

@soorajdigit Could you confirm if these red patches are there since day 1 or developed recently? And how old is the monitor. It could be possible that monitor is dying.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Did you place anything near TV or anything else changed? Not sure what could be the issue. May be you should consult with local TV repair person.

quicky008

Technomancer
we had an old crt that used to display red coloration at the edges of the screen-we were told that it was caused my some kind of magnetic interference .
The red patches were not very prominent though and were only visible against blue backgrounds.

However in your case its quite possible that the panel itself may be acting up and may fail soon.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Since the red bleeding is from all sides, I am afraid it would be the fact that panel is acting up.
If the issue came up just after warranty period expires, tough luck.

Top Bottom