Sleipnir - Firefox's got competetion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Sleipnir - Firefox's got competition...

As if all's well & pretty up there. Firefox has been gobbling up Microsoft's share of the internet pie. Opera too has been hungry. The Japanese want their share now. Haven't they been everywhere already? :confused:

The word's out. Sleipnir, the numero uno Japanese browser, is ready to take on global competition.

What makes it a global competetor?
The same thing which propels Firefox... a
unique blend of performance and customizability (OK.. make it "high performance", the site states so)
The browser is completely customizable & responsive, even after the plugins & customization. The Japanese love the Seipnir, the world'll soon follow (not if Firefox has a say there, we'll see... hmmmm...)

So, what's coming at us?
Sleipnir allows us to create our ideal browser by changing it's design, skin, and visual appearance. You can also add custom functionality to Sleipnir with a wide range of plugins and user scripts. No matter what plug-ins you decide to use, it maintains the same high level of performance and responsiveness and has been developed especially for Windows with performance in mind.

What's new?
I already mentioned it. High performance & responsiveness even after a dozen plugins. Firefox needs to change strategy here. Another point to note is this browser uses both Trident & Gecko rendering engines. For those in the dark, Trident is the renderer for IE & Gecko, for Firefox. That explains why some sites look better on IE & some on Firefox. A majority of websites are designed for optimal viewing in Internet Explorer, though.
So, if a site looks different, you can just click a button on the browser interface to switch between the rendering engines.

Screenshots:
*www.fenrir-inc.com/in/images/sleipnir/screenshot1s.gif *www.fenrir-inc.com/in/images/sleipnir/screenshot2s.gif *www.fenrir-inc.com/in/images/sleipnir/screenshot3s.gif

The interface looks pretty much IE... I really like my browser to b of minimal looks.
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/5108/capturezg7.th.png
FF rulez the roost @ my place. I hate the IE look. So much $h!t in a single place. And I hate deep customizations. Well, they aimed it @ "advanced users". Good. I'm not quite one, thankfully. A simple life is all I need :D

So, "advanced users", please review it & put down ur notes.

Download Sleipnir 2.7.2 (Portable) - ~3MB

Last edited:
the title is riddiculous. How do you think Firefox can ever be outpowered by this puny little windows browser when firefox lives on lands which are not even accessable by this software ?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
MHG.... the title is not ridiculous... I never said Firefox can b outpowered.... come on.. not in the near future @least (as u might have noticed... I'm a huge foxer too)

Just that, ppl r tryin to challenge the likes of FF... like challenging TG in golf or FedEx in a grass court. Mayb a Nadal's tryin to show up... hmm...

The impossible is now read as I M POSSIBLE. The japanese want to try their hand @ making history again. Let's c what the future beholds.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
looks promising. I would love to see a browser made in WPF for Windows with extension support. However, with IE7 Pro one hardly need any other browser plugin

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Perfect pages with the Industry-Standard Trident Engine
The vast majority of websites are designed for optimal viewing in Internet Explorer. Sleipnir uses the same Trident rendering engine as Internet Explorer, so it will display just about any web page perfectly.

Thankfully I read those lines and saved myself from downloading it .. If I have to use Trident, I'll use Maxthon ..

MHG.... the title is not ridiculous... I never said Firefox can b outpowered.... come on.. not in the near future @least (as u might have noticed... I'm a huge foxer too)

Just that, ppl r tryin to challenge the likes of FF... like challenging TG in golf or FedEx in a grass court. Mayb a Nadal's tryin to show up... hmm...

The impossible is now read as I M POSSIBLE. The japanese want to try their hand @ making history again. Let's c what the future beholds.
you don't get it. Its not possible to compete with firefox without making the browser compatible with linux, bsd, solaris, macintosh, etc. So the word compete makes no sense here.

I guess this is another one like IEpro, Maxthorn, Avant, etc...

But I hardly see sites which don't work on firefox. Infact, I have seen NONE till now.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Maxthon.. Avant & all use IE's engine, naa.... mathlab... they r not standalone browsers... right.... parasites.... on IE.....
I think this is a stand-alone.... carries it's own tech....

And... yup... a narrow OS range does pose a problem of lesser users.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Does this run on the IE engine?

Yep. And not interested.
A bit offtopic, but I seriously wish Maxthon ran on Gecko instread of trident. It's engine is its biggest disadvantage and is one of the reason I dont even currently have it installed on my pc.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Also heard of another new browser.

What Avant is to IE, Orca is to Firefox !!!

Spinoffs galore........

Wonder why Firefox needs a foot-grabber.... it can b modded to suit any purpose. Why create another browser for it? Dumb foolz :D

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Tried this Sleipnir, played orund for 10 minutes, Uninstalled. Worthless piece of crap!

Looks like someone used resource-hacker to make some changes in Avant Browser and released it as Sleipnir.

paroh

Padawan
using firefox version 3.0.1 with many addons with no problem
As firefox addon name IE tab can render the firefox to work as internet explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom