Sky City One: Chinese Company To Construct World's Tallest Building Over 90 Days???

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Move over Burj Khalifa. Sky City One is looking to take your title as the world's tallest building and engineers are projecting a construction period of just 90 days.

According to Business Insider, the local government in Changsha, China, the provincial capital of Hunan Province, approved construction plans by Chinese firm Broad Sustainable Building to hurriedly erect a 2,749-ft skyscraper. At that height, Sky City One will top Dubai's Burj Khalifa, currently the world's tallest structure, by 30 ft.

While ambitious, the building plans are not without precedent: Broad put up a 30-story hotel in only 15 days earlier this year, ABC News notes.

The construction firm doesn't bank on magic or miracles to hit its goals. The secret to such speedy construction lies in prefabrication, according to Discovery News, and about 95 percent of Sky City One will be assembled before a single shovel worth of dirt has displaced.

Comparatively, Burj Khalifa was constructed over 1,931 days between 2004 and 2010, Wired notes, and the Empire State Building, which is less than half of Sky City One's projected height, took 410 days to erect.

Forbes reports that Sky City One's 220 floors will provide apartments for 174,000 people, with a hotel, school, hospital, offices, shops and restaurants occupying the skyscraper's remaining real estate. In all, the construction is projected to cost $628 million, less than half of the Burj Khalifa's $1.5 billion price tag.

Well some months earlier they or someother company had made a 15 story bulding in a matter of few days.But no one has pics of the interior of the building

According to me its impossible it wont be safe

Building a 15 storey hotel in 6 days - YouTube

Source:Sky City One: Chinese Company To Construct World's Tallest Building Over 90 Days

clmlbx

Technomancer
guys, relax it is not possible with cement at all.. They are making iron walls and all everything is prepared before they reach site and they just bring all attachments to site and attach it like we buy furniture's we just have to bring home and we just have fit some screws and everything is up...

well I will not at all say that 15 storeys was built in 6Days.. you spent 6 days on site but what about days you spent preparing all attachments ..

Tech&ME

Banned
guys, relax it is not possible with cement at all.. They are making iron walls and all everything is prepared before they reach site and they just bring all attachments to site and attach it like we buy furniture's we just have to bring home and we just have fit some screws and everything is up...

well I will not at all say that 15 storeys was built in 6Days.. you spent 6 days on site but what about days you spent preparing all attachments ..

+ 1

its called prefabricated building and is now very common. Even in India. Car Companies like Nissan makes prefacbricated showrooms + workshop for its dealers in India.

Time is still an issue !!

Top Bottom