Sitting will kill you (and yes, it causes cancer)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
One of your favorite activities may actually be killing you.

Our entire modern world is constructed to keep you sitting down. When we drive, we sit. When we work at an office, we sit. When we watch TV, well, you get the picture.

And yet, a new study that's running in the Annals of Internal Medicine found that this kind of sedentary behavior increases our chances of getting a disease or a condition that will kill us prematurely, even if we exercise.

Researchers from Toronto came to this conclusion after analyzing 47 studies of sedentary behavior.

They adjusted their data to incorporate the amount someone exercises and found that the sitting we typically do in a day still outweighs the benefit we get from exercise. Of course, the more you exercise, the lower the impact of sedentary behavior.

The studies showed sedentary behavior can lead to death from cardiovascular issues and cancer as well as cause chronic conditions such as Type 2 diabetes.

Sitting will kill you, even if you exercise - CNN.com

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First Oxygen will kill you, now I was recovering the shock by sitting down...then u post this!

Ab jaye to jaye kaha!!!

$hadow

Geek in making
Don't tell me nearing 4 months and no solution of my liver disorder yet. What started as jaundice is now turning out to be something different all together and they say it is coz of you sit a lot.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Don't tell me nearing 4 months and no solution of my liver disorder yet. What started as jaundice is now turning out to be something different all together and they say it is coz of you sit a lot.

Get well soon!!! :) What's wrong with your liver, btw???

$hadow

Geek in making
Get well soon!!! :) What's wrong with your liver, btw???

Started with vomiting which was taken by the doctor as jaundice and now after this lot of time I was told that I have fatty liver with irregularities on the surface of my liver.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Take livosin It will help you in case of liver disorder.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION]: Are you on some kind of find-all-things-which-we-all-do-and-which-makes-us-die mission to prove the point of #YOLO?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Does standing causes cancer?

Since we have a cure for sitting it seems: A Level! *www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-level-a-deck-designed-to-set-you-in-motion

icebags

Technomancer
is there anything that doesn't kill u ? share when u find . *s.yimg.com/lq/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif

eureka

Banned
is there anything that doesn't kill u ? share when u find . *s.yimg.com/lq/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif
Yeah, simply by using the brain, as long as its not filled with shite.

This article holds some fact though. It's not good to sit anywhere for a prolonged time, but people like me who are forced to sit in a chair for 10 hours a day (at least), well all they can do is just stand up and walk a bit. A long ago I read in some news that someone died (a kid obviously) because he was playing games by sitting in a same position for, I don't remember, a week I suppose.

icebags

Technomancer
Yeah, simply by using the brain, as long as its not filled with shite.

This article holds some fact though. It's not good to sit anywhere for a prolonged time, but people like me who are forced to sit in a chair for 10 hours a day (at least), well all they can do is just stand up and walk a bit. A long ago I read in some news that someone died (a kid obviously) because he was playing games by sitting in a same position for, I don't remember, a week I suppose.

not just 1 kids, several kids died that way, but sitting only didn't kill them.

sitting idle while playing games continuously day after day, night after night, with no or very little sleep, on junk foods + coffee + red bull makes things like those happen. :/

Flash

Lost in speed
I'm safe..I sleep more than I sit :p
Just wait for another month, some research organization will publish an article that "Sleeping will k!ll you"..

- - - Updated - - -

Last week, there's "Oxygen will k!ll you" and this week "Sleeping will k!ll you".. Next is what?

I remember a comedy in a tamil movie, which goes like this.

1. Person1 will sit in a park bench and thinking of something, while Person2 comes and ask "Brother, why are you sitting in the park?".
2. Person1 gets irrirated (x1), walks few steps and stands near a streetlamp, while Person3 comes and ask "Brother, why are you standing here?".
2. Person1 gets irrirated again (x2) and walks hurriedly out of the park, while Person4 comes and ask "Brother, where are you walking to?".
4. Person1 gets irrirated again (x3) and runs out of the park, while Person5 interupts and ask "Brother, why are you running?".
5. Person1 gets irrirated again (x4), frustrates and starts crying, while Person6 sees this and ask "Brother, why are you crying?".

$hadow

Geek in making
All the goods things will kill you and if you do not do these things you might be eventually killed by nature. ''Marna toh pakka hai''.

Top Bottom