Sitting is Killing You: Infographic

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ TFS that article.
Well, I completely agree with the context, of the article. And that's why the following quote is one of the fav for gamers,
"Who needs drugs, when we have got Gaming!"

sygeek

Technomancer
No offense, but that article feels kind of stupid to me. Gaming doesn't kill people unless and until you game consecutively for 3-4 days, which is a whole different case. Addiction to gaming is as normal as facebook addiction.
Now, who the hell does these kinds of surveys..?!

tkin

Back to school!!
No offense, but that article feels kind of stupid to me. Gaming doesn't kill people unless and until you game consecutively for 3-4 days, which is a whole different case. Addiction to gaming is as normal as facebook addiction.
Now, who the hell does these kinds of surveys..?!
Umm, look here: Ig Nobel Prize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarath

iDota
Gaming does effect your personal life and mental health. The problems with such addictions is that the long term effects are never observed and difficult to.

Been a gamer from the times of 8-bit games.

Anything that has withdrawal symptoms is bad.

I hope people here are aware that new laws in South?North? Korea stipulates that there would be no online gaming after 9pm.

sygeek

Technomancer
^What about facebook addiction, any law for that? Gaming has side-effects just like every other thing in the world, but at the same time it has it's advantages too. Yes, I'm talking about games like flight simulator, race genres and other FPS-genre games (helps increase hand-eye co-ordination) have their respective advantages. Now, I'm not going to mention it, as long as you're aware of something called...umm..google?

Sarath

iDota
Their entire country's young population is so much into MMORPGs and such that they fear the security of the nation.
The law is already in place and internet providers not following the rule are being penalised.

We are already off topic and even when we discuss gaming if we include Facebook, Smoking, Drinking, etc etc then we are drifting further away from the topic.

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy......this news scared the hell out of me......I nearly sit for like 12 hours a day..Gotta reduce that.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
if i read the infographic corectly,
it says exercise ain't as important as getting up from your chair and talking a lil walk
it makes sure that the nerves in your foot don't go to sleep (being distal from spine)
and walking a bit makes sure your Blood flow doesn't fall below waist and prevents potbelly and other such maladies

bottomline
don't go to gym if you don't like it,
but walk 1 min every half hour or try to stand as much as possible

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Actually, a little bit of exercise is very important for healthy living.

Eat less if you dont get time to exercise.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Eat less if you dont get time to exercise.

I don't agree with that statement. I think, just abrasively stop eating less food will not help, and also may damage more. But getting control of "certain" type of food may help. Now don't ask me, "what" type, cause I am not a dietitian! :))

Sarath

iDota
Eating less never does any good. Thats the worst thing to do.
Even relatively fat people need to eat well according to their required dietary allowance. They only need to utilize the energy excess by working out.

You must have come across people reducing their diet into a pittance only to be told in the end that you look like a dead man/woman walking or you look sick or diseased etc etc.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
vineet369 said:
I don't agree with that statement. I
think, just abrasively stop eating less
food will not help, and also may
damage more.
Errr.... I meant in the sense, no Kfc kinda stuff, no ice cream,etc :p
Sarath said:
You must have come across people
reducing their diet into a pittance only
to be told in the end that you look like
a dead man/woman walking or you
look sick or diseased etc etc.
I have come across people who are very thin, but eat a lot but still dont gain weight :confused:

Sarath

iDota
Lol I know what you mean by that. I ate like a hog never gained a pound. Maybe coz i'm tall but come on no gain at all.
But now due to back to back exams i'm putting on weight despite no changes in the diet. And its not weight gain in a nice way.
So yeah sitting does seem to turn you into a flab.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Dont know about ghost! But you do look like a Zombie ! :rofl:

Btw, who thinks this infographic can be a good motivational factor, for people to hit gym. I say, Very. Still, hadn't had any progress in my case. :(

sygeek

Technomancer
The fear lies in the mind, but for just a few days. People go back to their life soon, i.e. they don't want a "wanna be version" of them. However people with a decent will power can succeed depending upon the task prevailing before them.

Top Bottom