Simple WiFi hotspot creation help needed

shijilt

Journeyman
Hi , I want to share my PC's internet to my android tablet via WiFi.

PC uses a USB dongle (sometimes I connect a phone as dial up) , which is non-supported by my tablet.
If I buy an internal PCI WiFi card , is that gonna help ?
I wont spend 5000 RS to get a new broadband connection with WiFi Modem .
I wont buy a new USB Dongle suitable for my tablet.

What I need is to use my available resources without much cost.


So you guys please share any ideas or links.

Thanks.
 

Ascendant001

Super Moderator
Staff member
instead of internal card get this usb wifi card:
TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless N - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
you can use this to share the net connection using wifi:
Connectify Hotspot - The Wi-Fi Software Router for Windows PCs
 
OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply "whitestar_999" , but why USB WiFi card ?
I thought internal wifi cards are better.
 

Ascendant001

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is not true.now-a-days most people use usb wifi cards for the sake of simplicity.though usb wifi card has no external antenna but the difference between a good internal antenna & mediocre external antenna is negligible.in any case if you are looking for long ranges then a wifi router is recommended.
 
Top Bottom