Signature Acoustics C-12 Wooden IEM review

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
hmm.. i listen mostly on my galaxy pocket, with no eq. but i dont have any kind of problem with these. i like to leave to no eq. to rely on the proper studio mixing. as i said, C-12 has a neutral/slightly warm tone, so i listen to the music exactly as the mixing studio designed it.

may be you could be a bit more specific as to which songs you are talking about...

That is not possible practically that a earphone can get the sound exactly like it was recorded in the studio. It can get you closer but you need to compensate for the losses with the EQ. For this one, I think we need a more fine EQ. The EQ on my PowerAmp player does not seem to suffice.

But then again, I am an OCD junkie and I am never satisfied with any sound I get.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
That is not possible practically that a earphone can get the sound exactly like it was recorded in the studio. It can get you closer but you need to compensate for the losses with the EQ. For this one, I think we need a more fine EQ. The EQ on my PowerAmp player does not seem to suffice.

true.. but the eqs and sound processors on mobile phones are bad and imprecise [compared to PC counterparts]. so i leave it on normal.

But then again, I am an OCD junkie and I am never satisfied with any sound I get.

i could share my VLC eq setting if you want. thats what i use [at times] to listen to music when im on my PC.

Eq. Preset: Flat.

Band Gains: 9.9 10.6 9.9 6.6 10.6 9.1 6 4.3 8.1 1

Global Gain = 0.0
you could tweak this if you have a sound card. increasing this without a sound card would introduce clips in some tracks with a high built-in gain.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Update

My C-12s started developing bad case of sound imbalance the last month [May]. The thing sounded like the bass was okay on the left side, and very low[almost absent] on the right side. So I contacted SignatureAcoustics [ on TDF :p ], stating the problem, and he asked me to send them over to their office in Navi Mumbai. I was somewhat busy at that time, and could only send the IEMs over on 6/6/13 through courier service.

I was surprised to get a mail from him, on 11/6/13 that they had just received the IEMs and had already tested and replaced them. Now thats some fast action. Kudos go out to the guys at Signature Acoustics, and specially to Mr. SignatureAcoustics for such great action and reliability.

Feels really good to see Indian companies at par with international cos in the after sales service dept. Signature Acoustics is going to be a hell of a good brand with their A-Class products and A-Grade service.

For the people who need it, here are the contact details:

+91-22-65611833
+91 9222 997 066

sales@proaudiohome.com
support@pristinenote.com

Feel free to give them a call/drop them a mail. Those are one helpful bunch of people. :)

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, thankfully, I haven't had any such problems with mine so far but good to know that these guys are pretty quick with the service.

I think that these are pretty underrated IEMs over here and the sound is pretty awesome. Though you need to tinker with the EQ to get a better, more punchy bass.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I did not find the bass too punchy out of the box, also the mids sounded too flat. The vocals and the guitars were almost at the same volume so I had to distinguish between them by adjusting the mids. I keep the highs low for obvious reasons.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Been using this item for a long time now, with my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip. Tweaked the equaliser a and discovered that increasing the highs a bit gave a more clear sound stage, while keeping the warmness intact.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Bought a pair from Snapdeal, but to my surprise my unit was faulty. Should get a replacement soon.

@anirbandd What other pairs or headphones do you own?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
SONY MDR-G45, and a Philips hp[forgot model number].

drop a mail at their contact id. someone will contact you at the earliest. the guys are very helpful.

PS: also, you can drop a PM to FM SignatureAcoustics [find him in this thread]. he'll also help you out.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
SONY MDR-G45, and a Philips hp[forgot model number].

drop a mail at their contact id. someone will contact you at the earliest. the guys are very helpful.

PS: also, you can drop a PM to FM SignatureAcoustics [find him in this thread]. he'll also help you out.

You haven't used anything better than the C12?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i dont own any.. but loaned a Sennhieser and a Klipsch from a friend for about a week before reviewing the C-12.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i dont remember the impressions very clearly, but i'll just give the points.

i would say they dont fit the 5K price tag [from google].

the bass is very bright. too much for me, but good for a bass head. also, the higher end of the bass aint that clear.
mids are okayish, warm.
treble is good for some instruments, but subdued for others[thats what it felt like :p]

the Klipsch S4 i used had a bit of use when i listened to them, and the i felt the wire and strain relief qualtiy were not as good as the C-12. now, my C-12 has been used continuously for over 4-5 months, and it barely has any signs of wear and tear. i go for jogging, gym, casual listening, keep them in my pockets, but no wear and tear. however, the wire has a bit of memory, and thats a negaitive, but not so serious issue with me.

oh, and i wear it over the ear. sounds better. :)

hope it helps!

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Got a replacement finally on 9th Jan from Pristine, Snapdeal never sent their guys for replacement. Horrible. Even the replacement unit is faulty. So tired of this. Almost a month and still to hear these.

Top Bottom