Shutdown XP using your keyboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashisharya

In the zone
a shutdown line would read as follows:

“shutdown -s -t 0� (of course, without the quotes)

This tells the computer to run the shutdown program, and to shutdown the computer (marked by –s). The timer is set to zero, which will shut down the computer instantly (marked by –t 0)

3. After you have created your customized shutdown command, click next. Enter a nama shutdown line would read as follows:

“shutdown -s -t 0� (of course, without the quotes)

This tells the computer to run the shutdown program, and to shutdown the computer (marked by –s). The timer is set to zero, which will shut down the computer instantly (marked by –t 0)

3. After you have created your customized shutdown command, click next. Enter a name for it and hit finish

4. Right click on the shortcut you just created, and go to properties.

5. Note where it says “Shortcut Key�. Enter your combination here. I recommend “Ctrl, Alt, END� as stated before, but the choice is purely up to you.

6. Click OK. Your shutdown string is now effective! Just hit that key combination and your computer is off!

e for it and hit finish

4. Right click on the shortcut you just created, and go to properties.

5. Note where it says “Shortcut Key�. Enter your combination here. I recommend “Ctrl, Alt, END� as stated before, but the choice is purely up to you.

6. Click OK. Your shutdown string is now effective! Just hit that key combination and your computer is off!

Source: *www.tweakxp.com/article36999.aspx

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
this is a really old tweak,and has been posted here many times.
most of us use the kbd to shut down windows anyway,using a little something known as 'Alt+F4'+Enter.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
ya its very useull but i use cabinet button and all shutdown shortcuts on keyboard for hibernet instead of shutdown. I rarely shutdown my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom