Shutdown = Restart ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Whenever i shut down my pc, the entire process of shutdown occurs n then finally my pc reboots. But if i hibernate then its just fine........ can anyone help me out?????

hrushij

Broken In
I had the same problem when I changed my sound card.. But when I re installed the OS again..there was no problem like that....

anand1

In the zone
this can mererly be due to any system file u have recently changed or updated. this occurs when u try to install any update or any driver which changes the system components. try to perform a SFC(System File Checker) utility it might solve ur problem.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
My computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings -> remove tick mark from automatically restart

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
codename_romeo said:
Tried ur method batista ................. problem is still not resolved

did you installed any of The Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 program on your computer.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
okie..... u mean in bios??????
na did not install ne software ............. its happening like this since the last installation of windows 2 weeks back

codename_romeo said:
Whenever i shut down my pc, the entire process of shutdown occurs n then finally my pc reboots. But if i hibernate then its just fine........ can anyone help me out?????
the same thing happened to my friend's lappy. He installed a batty old copy of mandriva that his PC seller gave him, and the problem stopped once he shut down from mandy. This was 2 months back.

nach p

Journeyman
huh I have posted same prob....

I reinstalled xp but on 1st shut down it restarted so there is not at all any question of trojan and viruses.

Few days back I mounted sound card on pci slot as had a prob for onboard .
So wht should I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom