Showcase your 3D Animation & artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gxsaurav

Well, I found the tutorials from the best site of all google.com

3Dnuts.com, xidium3d.com etc

I updated the glass table, the base plane, was initially a red color carpet, but I thought Y not marble floor, so I took my phone, snapped a pic of my room floor & placed it as a diffuse map, & came up with this new one, also created a Wood table, which defies all laws of physics, as it has heavy alumunium legs, so no one can lift it

Glass Table with Marble ground

*img222.echo.cx/img222/9801/rng2be.th.jpg

Wood Table

*img191.echo.cx/img191/9074/wt5wy.th.jpg

Can somebady plz tell me how to export the materials I have used in a scene as a material library, so that I can use it in other scenes, I don't know it yet, so I m providing the whole Max scene, just open this & open material editor to see the various materials created, the base material might ask for a marble bitmap

Here is the Mat Library, 6 KB

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Absolutely superb gx, just awesome
I'm a little interested in 3dsmax, but I'm not going anywhere to learn
Can u or anyone on this forum suggest some good tutorials which start with the absolute basics of 3dsmax 7 and progress further?
I've no experience with 3dsmanx whatsoever, but do have some experience with Photoshop and PSP
Thanks

OP
G

gxsaurav

I recommend that U join a Institution which teaches Animation, but more then that, what is required is that U should be devoted for it, don't learn Animation just because everyone is learning, learn it because U want to do something in it, make a carrier in it,

U can learn the hard way, search for various tutorials on the net or buy a book for 3Ds Max

I have found a way to save my material as a material library, so I m removing the table for downloading & updating the link with the material library, just save it to your max\materials folder

*www.geocities.com/gx_saurav/max/gxmat1.zip

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Can you export it to .3ds format?

coz I don't think I have the same version as you..

I am getting problems opening the file....

OP
G

gxsaurav

Well, I just started leering polygon editing, now since I got my 2nd sem exam date, I m quitting Max for a few days, this scene is still under construction, I m going to add a table lamp in it & proper chess pawns, but that later, right now I m going back to read premiere, Director & Sound Forge

*img82.echo.cx/img82/993/scene5ue.th.jpg

Everything in this scene is made by my, except for the Chairs, although I added the metal material on it. The pawn is made by reading a tutorial & applying the gx gold material found in he material library posted above, the legs of the table are like an example of Polygon editing, the chess board surface texture was given with max, the texture of the table is taken by the pic of my own room table by my phone, also the wall has the real texture of my room wall

So, until I come back, think of a lot of ideas of what could be added, but think simple, don't think of adding a human figure, that’s too hard for me now, when I only know about 10% of polygon editing

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
sunnydiv said:
wow nikhil its clear

u got a lot of balls
rofl

ya i tried amapi too it's good I made some dice with it using the tutorial. You guys can try it out. I think once digit (was chip) gave the full version of amapi.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

NikhilVerma

Padawan
BTW I have found out that Amapi 3d now comes by the name of Amapi Pro...

www.eovia.com

It great as usual.... But they have removed the ability to edit textures.... So it's basic purpose is modelling only..

Plus it only exports in 3ds format which for some reason doesn't open very well in 3Ds...

hard_rock

Salieri Family
GX........these are really cool man.Will u provide any good links for tuts.
Some other cool pics:
*www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1107/1/303?sbss=303

OP
G

gxsaurav

not a compleate release, but I m releasing an intermidiate render of my scene, in the end, the robot made by Abhitjit_T will be sitting on one of the chairs & there will be wine in the bottle & glass, I managed to make the bottle & the glass, consider this as just a rough page

*img92.echo.cx/img92/2248/scene9wz.th.jpg

can anyone refer me to a few tutorials for mesh editing, I need the basics, like the terminology etc

OP
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, I have learned curve editing via Splines & Nurbes Curvs, & made my own chess King & elephant pawn, the old rook was made with a tutorial, & I have also made that Bottle & flower pot, although the flower was given in max

I would say it's v1.3 of my work, the robot will be added later now

*img107.echo.cx/img107/2438/scene4jb.th.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

Something done in 30 mins, with Loft, Lattice, i was just practising & came up with this, the pot is made by me while the foliage is given with 3D Max

*img104.echo.cx/img104/2962/fpot4tr.th.jpg

The material is a modified form of GX Gold

Also, I m updating the scene with the pot in it

*img232.echo.cx/img232/8108/scene2jk.th.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

Yahoo, since my exams postponed, I started making artwork again in 3Ds Max, I was making a rest chair like they have on the beaches, but then decided to make the whole beach scene, so I made the umbrella with NURBS & Lathe, the chair with cylinders & box, added Mesh smooth to the box which is now the chair, made rocks with noise given on spheres & with a diffuse & bump map given with Max, the sky background is also given in Max along with the trees, so the only things I made was the chair, rocks & umbrella,

The texture for umbrella was made in Photoshop, just some kid like colors mapped by UVW map modifier

so, what do U think, the file shown here is actually 1024X768, I made it a wallpaper, but tell me how is it & what else I can add to it,

*img167.echo.cx/img167/3964/beach9ip.th.jpg

Kannan

In the zone
Great work GX. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/happy/clap.gif
What version of 3DS MAX did u use ? *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/g.gif

OP
G

gxsaurav

Just some modification, to make it look more realistic I added lights to, just on my own, & came up with a sun light like look, so it's now a sunny beach with a umbrella, chair & table, & next I m going to add glass of wine to it. Also the umbrella is now a bit transparent, just like the real beach umbrella

*img275.echo.cx/img275/4056/beach9cf.th.jpg

Dhawal_Verma

Broken In
lol
Sikhaya kisne hai .......
NIKHIL took lessons from me on how to aearch for the software lol I was the one who took him to NAZA remember buddy !

Anyways really cool stuff in here by both GX and Nik !
GREAT WORK !!!!

LUCKNOWITES ARE COOL IN DESIGNING !

OP
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, just a slight update, added the Wine Bottle & glass, I m learning the UVW mapping so will also be adding a label to the bottle,

*img154.echo.cx/img154/7059/scene1ww.th.jpg

*img283.echo.cx/img283/978/bottle8ga.th.jpg

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Gxsaurav you seem to be progressing fine. Keep it up.

At one time I also wanted to learn from the instutions like Arena and all, but gave up as at that time I couldnt justify the money as it did not fit into my bill.

At that time my brother gave me a free working version of blender www.blender.org and since it was also available for Linux I started to experiment with it myself and learned a few things along the way.

Since its release as an OSS product a year or so back, Blender have been growing in features at incredile pace, it have now become a very strong tool for learning and doing 3d modeling and animation especially for the begginers as it is ver powerful allow very good animation capabiites, have hos of other industry standard features and costs nothing.

There is a very strong, vibrant and growing community of blender at www.elysiun.com If some of you guys want to learn blender you can become members there and start learning. I go by the name of varuag over there. Alternatively you can post your queries to me also.

For the beginners and intermediate level users you can find some tutorials and other materials for download at my site.
*www.geocities.com/gauravnawani

-Gaurav

OP
G

gxsaurav

I jut updated the beach scene with the bottle having a label & my logo on it

*img167.echo.cx/img167/3964/beach9ip.th.jpg

The bottle is labeled by simply labeling the polygons, it's the easiest way to do it, that y it's not perfect & clear but still it shows what it was meant to be

*img128.echo.cx/img128/3773/bottle8nx.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom