Showcase your 3D Animation & artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Just wanted to share this, I just started 3D Studio Max 7 in my insti, so far only one class, & basic info only, what are primitives, how to make them etc, but I went a bit far myself & learned Vertex & Edit Poly, along with Meshmotth modifier, not too much, just begining, I have made something I would like to share, let me know how it is, first is a pic of the temple static & other is the rendered movie of the Animation, only 42 KB, so anyone can download & play with quicktime

Camera View with global lights, no lights added by me

*www.geocities.com/gx_saurav/max/art1.jpg

Download the animation
*www.geocities.com/gx_saurav/max/art1.zip

cheetah

In the zone
hello gx can u tell me which institute ur studying in???

I recently completed 12th and wanna do something in multimedia. Can u guide???

Other guys also plz suggest......Is it good to do a 1 yr diploma in Arena-Multimedia or Maya Cinematics...

What after dat???? I am really stuckkk ...suggestions will be appreciated...

h4xbox

Journeyman
Cheetah...arena multimedia course on maya wont teach u everything. Only the basics perhaps some intermediate topics.
To work like expert grab a copy of the gnomon workshop cd/dvd legally ?? yes legally. Order legally and watch the video tut in wmp/divx player and become elite.

cheetah

In the zone
I guess u dont know anything and i have asked Saurav and other multimedia professionals.

Reply Awaited Saurav....

OP
G

gxsaurav

Wow, the responce is overwhelming, thank U guys

Cheetah, I m doing ADIM course from Arena Multimedia, & yes Arena only teaches U about 90% of Max or Maya, U have to find a few things yourself

I will try for the Video tutorial, legally if required

---------------------------------------------
Star Wars :Revenge of the sith is so good, do watch it

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I mastered Amapi 3d once... Just like photoshop.. Here is a small remain of the things I made outta it...

*img190.echo.cx/img190/9397/amapi0rg.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

wow, nikhil, that is dam good, I wonder when I will make such art, transparent ball & that pen, yaar tu mjhe mil ja aur kuch extra classes de do

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Actually once you use Amapi 3d you will get to know how easy it is to model objects in it.... (it's as easy as playing with clay)

Even digit(ch!p) rated it 5/5 for modelling fetures...

Also the effects like glass, refraction and reflection are much easier to apply in Amapi that 3DSMAX....

I have deleted amapi now and I'm still sorry for it... Coz as it turns out that Amapi is dead now.... It has been replaced by amapi pro which is a totally different thing...

cheetah

In the zone
Gr8 Nikhil.....I have never known about that hidden talent u have....I thought ur only gud at photoshop.....I am ur fan buddy, From today....

OP
G

gxsaurav

Well, I just learned the Material Editor by myself,so it's still in beta learning, but I added some texture the Model, have a look,

EDIT : Image removed

I got a problem, I think I presed somekey or changed some seting which I don't remember, but when I click on any object it changes to wireframe mode as long as the mouse button is clicked, how to solve this

rohanbee

Padawan
Exxcellent work.............wish i had the time to take up animation as well. know of a good book which can help me in self-learning. maybe a "Animation for Dummies or something.

OP
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, I have learned more of the material editor, I found a tutorial for creating a gold material & with that as reference I made my own Alumunium Material

& another tutorial for glass, now I know about 50% of material editor, Blinn, Metal & Phong

I made something, initially I was going to make the Lord of the ring, but I didn't found any proper tutorial teaching lightning basics, so I skipped it & came up with this, the legs for the table are not allised, but are jaggy cos U r watching a refracted body of it through the glass

Optimisation, if done nicely can result in really fast rendering

*img277.echo.cx/img277/5735/ringtable8wm.th.jpg

NikhilVerma

Padawan
WOW MAN!

The glass effect is so cool.....

Can you please post the max file... Because I'm working my a55 off to get the glass effect... But I always fail...

BTW which site did you find for these kewl effects??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom